Profile Description –
Responsible for providing full support and assistance to the SOX team in testing of internal controls within the processes. This will include significant interaction with regional/hotel, BSC and IT management and external auditors. In addition, occasional ad-hoc involvement in the other activities of the Controller Group may be required. Work may also include international/regional travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Prepare testing plans to achieve completion of SOX testing phases within deadlines set by the Director or Manager, SOX team. Perform tests throughout IHG with testing worldwide. This may involve travel as required, particularly to other BSCs and key owned hotels.
· Assist Director or Manager for the SOX testing of processes across India BSC. This will include liasioning with the auditors, process teams and working hand in hand with the manager or Director to achieve the deadlines.
· Continuously identify areas of potential risk, improvement opportunities and effectiveness and propose plans for review of the areas concerned. Prioritize new risks against previously identified risks and revise the audit plans as necessary to provide the most value to the Company.
Direct the management''s attention towards those areas identified as having specific risk implications or opportunities for improved efficiency, effectiveness or economy.
· Prepare documentation plans and perform testing in the event of major system or process changes globally. Continuously develops and documents procedures to improve the quality and efficiency of processes.
· Liaise with internal and external audit to ensure that they are aware of the latest status of the SOX Testing and to assist with any queries they may raise.
· Assist in the documentation of results and conclusions as required by SOX, including assisting with the maintenance of IHG’s database of controls and tests. No experience of this particular database is required – training will be provided.
· Maintain a consistent, high quality customer-focused orientation. Respond to individuals in manner and timeframe promised. Provide clear, accurate information; explain procedures or materials or provide supplemental information; anticipate problems or questions.
· Proactively participate on appropriate project team / task forces as assigned to ensure control issues are addressed and desired objectives are achieved.
· Develop and maintain an effective understanding of the business strategy and the hospitality industry. Maintain awareness of best practices, trends and issues impacting the industry and develop a service led culture where high levels of customer satisfaction are achieved continuously.
· Serves as expert consultant for process flow, provides input on current practices and assesses alternative processes / technologies.
· Assisting with all other aspects of global process management, including advising Director, and Manager Global Financial Governance of process in-consistencies and/or improvement opportunities. Recommending (and assisting in implementing) solutions to address these matters.
· Supporting Director or Manager for BCP/DRP documentation updation from time to time.
· Experience in MIS reporting
· Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
· Project management skills
· Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and practices as well as IAS / IFRS
· Demonstrated ability to lead process change and improvement
· Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Extensive working knowledge of audit & control process, procedures in related environment.
Decision Making Responsibilities (Decision Rights) –
- This position has impact regarding the prioritization of work and for supporting Manager for identifying opportunities for improvement.
- This position has significant impact for meeting deadline, escalating issues and making actionable plans to achieve operational targets.
- This position makes independent decisions on accounts to resolve process or customer issues and to monitor and resolve vendor relations issues.
- The role is responsible for regional service delivery of a financial process to meet IHG company objectives.
Desired Qualifications and Experience –
- Qualified Accountant or a Master’s Degree with equivalent experience in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- 3-5 plus years progressive work experience in hotel and or Corporate Accounting, Internal Audit or Consulting role, Sarbanes Oxley, with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines/processes related to the position.
· Experience in designing, mapping and delivery of processes including process improvements.
· Major accounting qualification preferred (ACA, CIMA, CPA, CMA, and CHAE).
· Previous experience in Sarbanes Oxley Act would be added advantage.
Number of employees supervised –
- This being Individual contributor role at present
Physical Requirements –
· Work is performed in a normal office environment.
· Ability to function effectively in different time zones.
· Work may include regional and/or international travel.
Key Internal Relationships –
· This position serves as primary contact for all IHG BSC processes and business for the purpose of day-to-day operations and issue resolution in compliance with specific Service Level Agreement, and governmental regulation requirements.
· Regional Account Manager of all processes
Key External Relationships –
· External audit firms
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Gurugram, India
- Starting in
- As soon as possible