Laundry Manager - Resort Laundry - Jumeirah Beach Hotel
About the job
About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award-winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 23 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Dubai’s premier lifestyle destination, is located on Jumeirah Beach Road just 15 km from the city centre and 25 km from Dubai International Airport. The 26-floor hotel has a curved design which represents the shape of a breaking wave and offers pristine private beaches with undisturbed views of the Arabian Gulf.
With 599 sea-facing rooms and suites and 19 private villas, as well as 21 restaurants and bars, extensive conference and banqueting facilities, a private marina, Sinbad’s Kids Club, Talise™ Spa, and direct complimentary access to Wild Wadi Waterpark™ for all guests, the hotel continues to redefine the holiday experience.
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for a Laundry Manager to join our Resort Laundry.
The main purpose of this role is to direct and monitor the overall Laundry operations across the property focusing on the quality of the services provided and ensure compliance with relevant HSE and operational standards.
The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- Develop the forecasts of the laundry production, consumption and demand taking into consideration peak periods to handle the availability of the necessary work force, material, or any other additional requirement.
- Create and design the laundry policies, procedures, and service standards in compliance with all appropriate environmental protection approaches, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other regulatory agency laws.
- Monitor the overall laundry operations and ensure adherence to all applicable Environmental regulations regarding used chemicals, and Health & Safety policies & procedures across the laundry and dry-cleaning operations.
- Assess and analyse the daily production and consumption reports, identify areas for improvement and proceed to all the necessary activities to ensure that the performance of the department meet the operational and financial goals.
- Contribute to the preparation of the department budget and monitor the financial performance of laundry operations so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified, rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalised upon, maintaining departmental profitability.
- Inspect physical conditions of laundry stores and dry-cleaning machines, and equipment’s to determine the technical advancements required to keep up with the new technologies in the field of laundry operations for increasing laundry efficiency.
- Oversee the laundry equipment preventive maintenance program to ensure adequate equipment is always available and operating effectively.
- Judge and approve linen and uniform samples.
- Conduct regular meetings with Assistant Manager to keep them informed of the property strategy, special events, further improvement plans and management comments to ensure they are aware of the relevance and importance of their contribution towards achieving the property objectives.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant Health, Safety and Environment management procedures, controls within a defined area of activity so that Jumeirah Group provides world class and luxurious hospitality services to its guests and protect the Shareholders’ interests.
- Motivate subordinates and identify opportunities for participating in change initiatives, programmes and projects considering international best practices, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
- Elevating the quality of the process of the new Jumeirah linen, which required specific specs.
- Department: Laundry