At InterContinental® Abu Dhabi our role is to put the glamour into international travel. That’s where you come in. We look for people who are charming, confident, and internationally-minded who know what it takes to exceed guest expectations. When you’re part of the InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts brand you’re more than just a job title.
With its private beach and marina, the InterContinental® Abu Dhabi hotel is an oasis of luxury near the Corniche and world-class shopping malls. Host an event in a grand ballroom, on a terrace with sea views or in a beachfront garden . You can relax at the health club with inviting pools and admire marina yachts from your spacious room. The hotel includes 390 guest rooms and suites, highly acclaimed food and beverage outlets, and elegant meeting rooms.
Your day to day
We currently offer an exciting career opportunity for an Assistant F&B Manager.
Reporting to EAM in charge of F&B, main role is to assist with managing the food and beverage operations of the hotel to ensure the achievement of established food and beverage quality and guest service quality standards and departmental revenue and profit goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in managing the day-to-day operation of the Food and Beverage sections
- Assumes the duties and responsibilities of the Director of Food and Beverage or Food and Beverage Manager in his/her absence
- Assists Manager in developing popular menus and beverage lists offering guests value for money in accordance with IHG guidelines.
- Assists Manager in planning and organizing successful Food and Beverage activities in the hotel
- Conducts daily briefings, Food and Beverage Meetings and other meetings as needed to obtain optimal results
- Attends and participates to other meetings as required by the administrative calendar
- Assists Manager in setting Food and Beverage goals and developing strategies, procedures and policies
- Assists Manager in settings standards of all food, Beverage and equipment purchases in accordance with IHG guidelines
- Participates in the preparation of the hotel's revenue plan and marketing programs
- Monitors local competitors and compare their operation with the hotel Food and Beverage operation
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
- Works with Manager on manpower planning and management needs
- Works with Manager in the preparation and management of the Department’s budget
What we need from you
- Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local government agency.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
- Good writing skills
- Leadership Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Hotel Management, Food & Beverage, or related field.
- 4 years related experience, including supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience; preferably in 5 star hotel establishment
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the Room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch if this position matches your skills and interests and tell us how you could bring your individual competencies by clicking "Apply Online".
At IHG we are committed to developing our team and managing our talent and would encourage internal as well as external candidates to apply for any of our vacancies.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
- Job type
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract