Front Office Trainee
About the job
Besides the operational practical training, there is always an on-sight group induction for all trainees where they will learn about the hotel chain and hotel brand, including their concept and purpose, values, and standards. Additionally, the internship program also includes a set of department-related e-learning courses. At last, students will have the opportunity to enroll in a variety of other online training (FO-related or not) provided by the IHG training platform if they wish to.
The property has an evaluation plan for all trainees. Each department sets objectives at the start of the internship and has two follow-up meetings - 30 days and 90 days. At the end of the internship, each HOD will send HR all the feedback for an end of the program session.
Regarding weekly hours, trainees work 40 hours a week (8 hours per day) with two consecutive rest days on a rotative scheduled basis, just like any other employee.
At last, at InterContinental Barcelona we work with a minimum training program period of 5 months, where the trainees will get to deeply learn and manage the hotel's PMS (Property Management System) and perform all tasks related to the Front Office department.
The trainee will learn from and support the department in the following tasks:
- Welcome guests in a friendly, prompt, and professional manner recognizing IHG Rewards Club Members and also returning guests.
- Check guests in, issue room keys, provide information on hotel services and room location, and check-out procedures.
- Ensure required identification is taken from guests at check-in in line with local legislative requirements.
- Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Offer an outstanding farewell to all guests to ensure their loyalty.
- Work as part of a team and communicate with other departments as per hotel procedures to ensure excellent quality and service.
- Help guests with their luggage.
- Perform other duties as assigned including guest room tours, concierge services, and special guest requests.
- Number of positions: 2
- Not included.
- Laundry service for uniforms. Meals (within the shift).
- Department: Reception
• Possibility to establish an Internship Agreement with the university/school.
• High level of English/ medium level of Spanish.
• Proactivity, teamwork skills, predisposition to learn.
- Language required: English. Spanish is a plus
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts we are dedicated to those who appreciate and enjoy the InterContinental Life - the glamour and exhilaration of fascinating places complemented with local wisdom.
The unique location of the InterContinental Barcelona, set in the heart of Montjuic - the cultural district - opens a variety of exciting options for our travellers to explore and enjoy the city as an insider.
The InterContinental Barcelona brings the discrete luxury of the brand to both, locals and travellers, by offering a modern design, an outstanding service and a vibrant gastronomic offer.
Our aim is to ensure that our amazing hotel is a home away from home for everyone seeking a magnificent experience.
To live up to our statement, we truly believe that the first step is to build an exceptional team full of talent and passion.
At InterContinental Barcelona you will be able to:
• Be yourself
• Bring in new new ideas, especially if they make our guests and / or colleagues happy.
• Develop your potential.
And from our side you will always have our support.
We are all very proud to be part of the InterContinental family and we would love to share our knowledge and experience with anyone eager to learn and make the difference!