Your day to day
- Assist Executive chef to complete forecasts, plans, and departmental production reports for management.
- Assist Executive chef to prepare the hotel’s annual budget and the setting of departmental goals.
- Assist Executive chef to prepare and manage a cost effective budget with measurable targets for department within the financial parameters set down by the hotel budget
- Assist Executive chef to monitor and analyse variations from the budget effectively
- Assist Executive chef to develop systems that measure the cost effectiveness of F&B operation
- Assist Executive chef to develop procedures that track, report on, and control the running costs of F&B operation
- Assist Executive chef to maintain updated and accurate costing and documentation of all dishes prepared and sold in the food and beverage operations
- Manage day-to-day Stewarding operation, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching, and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
- Educate and train team members in compliance with brand standards, service behaviours, and governmental regulations. Ensure staff has the tools, training, and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Assist sales, catering and banquet staff with banquets, parties and other special events.
- Assist Executive chef for other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies.
- Appreciate the dynamic nature of the Hotel industry and extend these service attributes to all internal customers
- Assist Executive chef to review and update existing standards to ensure competitiveness.
- Liaise with the F&B Service and Preparation Team to ensure correct equipment is ready for service
- Liaise with the Engineering Team to schedule preventive maintenance and repairs
What we need from you
- High school certificate or equivalent and any other related qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a steward, with at least 2 years in a supervisory capacity, or equivalent combination of education and stewarding operation experience.
- Vast knowledge of F&B stewarding operation
- High level of written and verbal Business English
- Thorough knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook
- Experience with financial budgeting is desirable
What we offer
In return, we offer competitive pay and benefits, and a chance to work with a great team of talented people. Most importantly, we'll give you the Room to be Yourself. So what's your passion? Please get in touch if this position matches your skills and interests and tell us how you could bring your individual competencies by clicking "Apply Online".
We are an equal opportunity employer.
InterContinental Fujairah Resort
An exceptional destination where Arabian hospitality meets luxury, the InterContinental Fujairah Resort is situated on the shoreline of the exquisite Al Aqah Beach, beneath the spectacular backdrop of the Hajjar Mountains.
Other suggested jobs
- LifeguardFujairah, United Arab Emirates
- Recreation Animator at InterContinental Fujairah ResortFujairah, United Arab Emirates
- Restaurant Server at InterContinental Fujairah ResortFujairah, United Arab Emirates
- Stewarding Supervisor at InterContinental Fujairah ResortFujairah, United Arab Emirates
- Guest Service Agent (Front Desk) at InterContinental Fujairah ResortFujairah, United Arab Emirates