As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
As Government Relations Coordinator, you will ensures that the hotels maintains and enhances a successful and amicable relation with all government entities at all time. Your day to day task will include :
- Understand all local government offices regulations and especially related to licenses, visa and residence procedures
- Identify contacts in all government offices
- Make visas for all new hires well in advance from travel plans
- Maintains good working relationships with government, immigration and Owning Company representatives to have efficient and timely flow of work.
- Secures all visa permits, licenses and government administration on time as stipulated by Law to avoid any fines etc.
- Prepares periodic reports as per policy to justify use of hotel resources
- Arranges for medicals and residence visas for all colleagues and their families as required
- Arranges and keeping track of Health Card for all F&B Colleagues
- Prepares and issues the employee’s ID cards and Emirates ID Cards
- Responsible for the preparation of all personnel documentation in Arabic.
- Responsible for safekeeping, releasing and receiving the colleague passports.
- Uses financial resources of the company in a careful and judicious manner through online and cash payments.
- Ensures that the visas of terminated or resigned employees are cancelled and responsible for ensuring their exit or their legal stay in the country.
- Assists in HR projects and tasks as indicated for the benefit of colleagues.
- Arranges for guest visas for individuals and groups as required.
- Secures music and entertainment NO Objection Certificates as requested
- Acts as Hotel Representative relating to personnel matters with all government agencies.
- Acts as liaison with relevant Police, Municipality, Health Centres and Tourism Board etc
What we need from you
- Minimum of 1-2 years background in a Public Relations / Visa Officer position within the Hotel Human resources Department is preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality to the extent possible in all Human Resources-related matters.
- Arabic language (reading, writing, speaking) is a must, other languages preferred
- UAE Driving Licence is mandatory
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with employees, vendors, and corporate human resources and legal staff.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, giving and receiving instructions, and training.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math and ability to double check cash and online financial transaction regarding work
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a housing, transportation, recreation facilities, uniform, great room discount and superb training, and many more!
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.