As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
The InterContinental Fujairah Resort is situated on the shoreline of the exquisite Al Aqah Beach, beneath the spectacular backdrop of the Hajjar Mountains. An exceptional destination where Arabian hospitality meets luxury. With 190 rooms, indoor & outdoor event space, restaurants & bar. With over 30 languages and countries represented by the staff, the hotel weaves together an international five-star resort presence.
What's your passion? Whether you're into knitting, kite flying or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU! We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who help us create great brands guests love. And we're looking for more people like this to join our dynamic & committed team at the InterContinental Fujairah Resort.
Your day to day
As IT Department Intern, you’ll be involved in all day to day IT operations of the resort operation. There is some help desk work required but also you will be involved in rolling out and administration of PC, server Network and the security elements of the resort operation. You’ll also ensure systems and relevant documentation is up to date, and make sure your teams have the tools and resources they need to work well. Some key components of the job are:
- General Help desk work troubleshooting across 12 Hotels. User account management.
- Manage and monitor all computer hardware.
- Ensures Hotel critical data is backed up in a secure manner.
- Maintenance of Network and Server infrastructure and database maintenance
- Ensure all systems are patched in a timely manner.
- Actively engage with key stakeholders and users as the technical subject matter expert and to better learn business requirements.
- Keep up to date with all approved IT systems and technology.
- Ensure all hotel policies and information security comply with standards and are being used at the Hotel Level.
- Troubleshooting network performance and outages.
- Work with the IT Manager on project work hardware and software.
- Provide prompt technical solutions to support staff and identify escalation requirements.
- Maintain an up to date technical and user documentation and systems reports in a neat, orderly and secure fashion.
What we need from you
- Bachelor of IT, fresh graduate is welcome
- Having experience on Windows Server Operating Systems and Server Roles
- Working knowledge of networks and firewalls
- Knowledge in Information Security
- A team player, proactive, responsible, hardworking and able to work under pressure
What we offer
In return, we offer competitive pay and benefits, and a chance to work with a great team of talented people. Most importantly, we'll give you the Room to be Yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch if this position matches your skills and interests and tell us how you could bring your individual competencies by clicking "Apply Online".