As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambiance where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. The InterContinental Fujairah Resort is situated on the shoreline of the exquisite Al Aqah Beach, beneath the spectacular backdrop of the Hajjar Mountains. An exceptional destination where Arabian hospitality meets luxury. Spread over 69 acres of land, the resort features 190 stylish guest rooms and suites with expansive balconies offering uninterrupted views across the ocean. If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
Housekeeping is what gives hotels the ‘wow’ factor. It’s the moment that guests walk into the hotel and are impressed, then enter their bedrooms and think ‘wow, this looks wonderful. To deliver a great guest experience – a Laundry Attendant will clean and service guests and staff uniform so everything is spotless and prepared for guests.
- Clean and service assigned laundry areas according to established standards and procedures including the making of guest laundry, uniforms, staff laundry, and Guest linen.
- Wear safety protection equipment as provided in line with department regulations and any local legislative requirements
- Handle and store chemicals in line with hotel regulations and any local legislative requirements
- Notify supervisor of any damaged guest laundry items, uniforms, and hotel linen.
- Report to supervisor needed repairs or unsafe conditions
- Respond to guest complaints, special requests and take action to ensure guest satisfaction
- Monitor and control supplies and amenities, and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping
- Report, turn in, and/or log all lost and found items according to established procedures
What we need from you
- Experience in hotel laundry / similar environment is essential
- Basic reading, writing, and math abilities are used often when reading room assignments, completing checklists, replacing room linens and amenities
- Communication skills used frequently when interacting with guests and co-worker
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and/or holidays
What we offer
In return, we offer competitive pay and benefits, and a chance to work with a great team of talented people. Most importantly, we'll give you the Room to be Yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch if this position matches your skills and interests and tell us how you could bring your individual competencies by clicking "Apply Online".
We are an equal opportunity employer.