As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
The InterContinental Fujairah Resort is situated on the shoreline of the exquisite Al Aqah Beach, beneath the spectacular backdrop of the Hajjar Mountains. An exceptional destination where Arabian hospitality meets luxury. With 190 rooms, indoor & outdoor event space, restaurants & bar. With over 30 languages and countries represented by the staff, the hotel weaves together an international five-star resort presence.
What's your passion? Whether you're into knitting, kite flying or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU! We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who help us create great brands guests love. And we're looking for more people like this to join our dynamic & committed team at the InterContinental Fujairah Resort.
We are currently looking for a Learning & Quality Manager who prides themselves on their ability to drive exceptional guest experiences through targeted and measured training platforms. It is key for this role that the individual has a high level of attention to detail to ensure quality assurance and high standards. You should have a strong and engaging personality, be flexible, able to work under pressure, good at multitasking, and very proficient in MS Office. You will be responsible to develop our colleagues, helping us achieve our goal of being number 1 for our colleagues, guests, and owners!
Your day to day
As Learning & Quality Manager you’ll drive, direct and coordinate the timely and structured learning experiences, support the leadership team and their departments on all Quality improvement activities, operational training requirements and career development programs to all colleagues, to improve and maintain job performance, to ensure that all colleagues are meeting the company standards.
Your day to cay includes:
Learning & Development
- Conduct all Training Needs Analysis for the Hotel – Establishing core competencies required for key positions and identify/develop training programs for all development needs
- Establish and drive a high level of Leadership strength and competence through training/seminars/ resources
- Establish a departmental trainer platform to drive effectiveness in the delivery of training programs and recommendation for improvement
- Be present at key service delivery points to assess and audit service standards - conduct spot training and support function heads with a clear understanding of challenges and opportunities
- Create a talent pool of high potentials within the business from the Annual Performance Appraisals
- Develop succession plans for the talent pool with the Department Heads and monitor progress based on goals
- Develop a network with other L&D professionals to learn best practices and establish game-changers to the business
- Manage the day to day activities of the L&D function, ensuring proper documentation and compliance of mandatory training and assessments
- Support and establish a learning culture within the hotel
- Review and analyze hotel guest feedback through various platforms (Guest Love, GSI, Social Reviews, Glitches, Courtesy calls, etc.) on a regular basis and provide a clear understanding of the root cause of the issues and areas to improve
- Participate in the daily Operations meeting
- Lead and facilitate monthly and quarterly, Quality/Guest Experience/Tactical Solve Meetings and action planning sessions (identification of problems, root cause analysis – monitor improvements and communicate progress)
- Work closely with the FOM to review and drive understanding of the loyalty programs among the stakeholders for a better guest loyalty experience
- Develop and conduct service quality and brand standards audits
- Educate colleagues on the brand standards and ensure departmental training related to standards are taking place
- Lead and support departments in the annual quality evaluation audit
- Takes necessary actions post quality evaluation audit and guest experience evaluation
What we need from you
Ideally, the candidate should possess a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within a senior capacity in the Hotel Industry (5-star hotel preferable). You should be enthusiastic, spontaneous, & emphatic. You will bring with your strong interpersonal skills and excellent command of written and spoken English. Additional language is an added advantage. You should have a bachelor's or master’s degree in Human Resources or Quality Assurance with a proven track record of training capabilities.
The ideal candidate will be result-oriented and self-motivated along with a positive attitude. You should have the ability to think laterally and display a high level of integrity. You should also have the ability to identify, impact, and influence others. You are a strong team player, enthusiastic and flexible.
What we offer
In return, we offer competitive pay and benefits, and a chance to work with a great team of talented people. Most importantly, we'll give you the Room to be Yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch if this position matches your skills and interests and tell us how you could bring your individual competencies by clicking "Apply Online".
We are an equal opportunity employer.