As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. The InterContinental Fujairah Resort is situated on the shoreline of the exquisite Al Aqah Beach, beneath the spectacular backdrop of the Hajjar Mountains. An exceptional destination where Arabian hospitality meets luxury. With 190 rooms, indoor & outdoor event space, restaurants & bar. With over 30 languages and countries represented by the staff, the hotel weaves together an international five-star resort presence. What's your passion? Whether you're into knitting, kite flying or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU! We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who help us create great brands guests love. And we're looking for more people like this to join our dynamic & committed team at the InterContinental Fujairah Resort.
Your day to day
Food and Beverage is what adds flavors to a stay! Guests love to enjoy delicious, freshly prepared, and beautifully presented food. To deliver a great guest experience – A Restaurant Server will serve food and beverages in a timely manner, helping guests to have memorable experiences whenever and wherever they dine. Some of your responsibilities are:
- Greet and welcome all guests and take beverage and food orders in a prompt and professional manner
- Prepare food and beverages for service to guests and present food according to established health and presentation standards
- Monitor guest behavior and guest alcohol consumption to determine when alcohol service to the guest should cease; notify management of incidents involving excessive alcohol consumption or impaired condition of guests; check identification whenever the age of a guest requesting alcoholic beverage service is questionable
- Clear and clean tables in a prompt and efficient manner. Clean and/or wipe down tables, chairs, walls, windows, mirrors, and floors as necessary
- Perform department/outlet opening or closing duties as required. Ensure that wait staff stations are clean and maintained throughout shift
- Take action to solve guest problems/complaints and use established guidelines for any service recovery to ensure guest satisfaction
- Work as team and communicate and co-ordinate with other departments to ensure excellent quality and service
- May receive guest payments and process transactions as outlined in the cash and charge procedures as needed
What we need from you
Ideally, the candidate should have :
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Knowledge of F&B service and type of services
- Previous experience in the service industry, preferably 5-star luxury resort environment
- Passion about people and service
- The ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and/or holidays
What we offer
In return, we offer competitive pay and benefits, and a chance to work with a great team of talented people. Most importantly, we'll give you the Room to be Yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch if this position matches your skills and interests and tell us how you could bring your individual competencies by clicking "Apply Online".
We are an equal opportunity employer.