As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
The InterContinental Fujairah Resort is situated on the shoreline of the exquisite Al Aqah Beach, beneath the spectacular backdrop of the Hajjar Mountains. An exceptional destination where Arabian hospitality meets luxury. With 190 rooms, indoor & outdoor event space, restaurants & bar. With over 30 languages and countries represented by the staff, the hotel weaves together an international five-star resort presence. What's your passion? Whether you're into knitting, kite flying or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU! We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who help us create great brands guests love. And we're looking for more people like this to join our dynamic & committed team at the InterContinental Fujairah Resort.
Your day to day
As a Safety & Security Manager, you are responsible to ensure that all kinds of risks to the life and property are analyzed and losses are prevented in keeping with the IHG brand safety standards. You will be the main point of safety and security delegation, FLS and HACCP, and is the principal advisor to the GM in all matters related to safety, security, and risk management. You will also be accountable for the performance of the hotel security team, security agency, Hygiene Officer, and coordination with the local authorities. Some of your main responsibilities are :
- Ensure protection from security related liability claims, commercial advantage through effective hotel security, the promotion of sales through security competency and meeting corporate client, leisure guests security expectations in line with IHG policies.
- Implement HACCP to minimize/ eradicate risks and losses in food production, handling and service.
- Develop programmers that drive improvements in colleague knowledge, skills and behaviors towards identifying and dealing with risks
- Acquire and impart knowledge about health, fire life safety, food hygiene and health laws in Dubai.
- Develop, implement and monitor team succession planning to ensure future bench strength in this critical function.
- Drive improvement in guest satisfaction goals. Collaborate with colleagues and hotel team members to establish and implement services and programs that meet or exceed guest expectations.
- Ensure the safety and security of guests, staff, visitors, and contractors by effectively managing all safety& security, Fire Life Safety and food hygiene risks faced by the hotel.
- Play an active role in the hotel green initiatives and community projects.
- Drive improvement in guest satisfaction goals. Collaborate with colleagues and hotel team members to establish and implement services and safety programs that meet or exceed guest expectations
What we need from you
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification
- 3 - 4 years experience in roles dealing with Risk Management, Safety& Security, FLS or HACCP responsibilities in a reputable hotel
- Fluency in English and Arabic is essential
- Security Manager certification by Local Police
- A strong analytical mind
- Strong business decision-making skills. (MEA experience would be an advantage)
- Familiarity with organization design models and decision-making framework
- Effective presentation, communication, consulting and interpersonal/consensus-building skills for the purpose of providing information to management and colleagues
What we offer
In return, we offer competitive pay and benefits, and a chance to work with a great team of talented people. Most importantly, we'll give you the Room to be Yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch if this position matches your skills and interests and tell us how you could bring your individual competencies by clicking "Apply Online".
We are an equal opportunity employer.