As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
At Crowne Plaza Hotels and Resorts, we embrace the new world of business and understand that Modern business travelers want a hotel (and a hotel team) that understands and supports them, helping at every turn.
Your day to day
Join us as our new Cluster Director of Finance & Business Support M/F:
Reporting to the General Manager and IHG Director of Finance & Business Support, Northern Europe, your main duties will be to:
- Draw up and steer the hotels’ financial policy based on guidelines given by Top Management.
- Be responsible for the hotels’ financial management and determine the financial impact of strategic decisions in order to ensure their profitability.
- Establish the data representing the hotels’ progress (P&L, balance sheets, profit and loss accounts, management charts, etc.) to formulate proposals on the strategies to be followed.
- Contribute to the elaboration and execution of the strategic plan, budget, monthly operational forecasts, operating results, financial reports and tax returns, in accordance with the country's regulations.
- Maintain operational and financial records and provide information regarding the enforcement of regulations, the conduct of business, as well as analyses, interpretations and forecasts to management.
- Maximize the hotels’ cash flow performance by tracking credits, receipts, disbursements, payments and settlements.
- Maintain relations with banks, negotiates overdraft lines, loans and investments.
- Manage the Finance & Accounting staff members (recruitment, training, administration, payroll, work time, planning).
What we need from you
With a Higher Degree in Hospitality Management or Finance, Accounting & Business Administration, you have minimum 5 years of experience in a similar position in a hotel establishment of the same category (international luxury hotel) and capacity (+200 rooms), preferably in Switzerland. Excellent knowledge of Swiss accounting is essential.
You are fluent in English and French, at a C1 level minimum. Mastering German is a mandatory.
Excellent computer skills (especially Excel) and knowledge of Abacus, Opera and Simphony are required.
You are a driven, rigorous and result-oriented person. You are acknowledged for your flexibility and your ability to adapt and evolve in a fast-paced environment. You have strong analytical and synthesis skills and you are a true leader and coach to your team.
This position is opened to Swiss citizens or EU passport holders.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve. Visit http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us and apply or send us your application at firstname.lastname@example.org.
InterContinental Geneva Hotel
The spacious and elegant rooms at InterContinental Geneva have free WiFi, free tea and coffee making facilities, are air-conditioned and feature cable TV and a minibar.
Dining options include modern international cuisine and seasonal specialities served in the gourmet restaurant, which features a well-stocked wine cellar and a terrace.
At the bar Les Nations, guests can enjoy a wide range of drinks, listen to live piano music, and browse in books and magazines.
The 400 m² Spa by Clarins offers a complete set of beauty and massage treatments. A steam bath, a sauna and a hot tub are also available. The health and fitness centre is open 24 hours.
Cointrin Airport is 3 km away, and Cornavin Train Station is 2.5 km from the InterContinental. Guests benefit from free public transports in Geneva during their stay.