As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. Awarded the Great Place to Work certificate in 2020, InterContinental Genève is proud to offer an inclusive, supportive and stimulating work environment. Our diverse team is the secret to our success. We encourage each and every one to develop their potential through internal mobility opportunities, training and on-the-job learning.
Join us as our new Gouvernant -e d'étages/Floor Supervisor:
For this key role, under the supervision of the Executive Housekeeper, the main duties will be:
- Perform department opening duties and prepare daily room assignments
- Assist with scheduling and control daily attendance to ensure proper coverage
- Conduct daily team meetings, attend other meetings as necessary
- Ensure all staff is properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their respective job duties
- Inspect all assigned areas to ensure furnishings, guest rooms/suites, equipment, linens, and public areas are clean and in good repair to meet guest satisfaction. Advise employees of deficiencies and instruct on corrective action.
- Inspect storage rooms for neatness, cleanliness, adequate supplies, and good repair.
- Respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
- Prepare supply inventories and ensure appropriate par levels
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- May perform all housekeeping duties necessary including makings beds and vacuuming and cleaning guest rooms to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Report, turn in, and/or log all lost and found items according to established procedures.
- May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
Ce que nous attendons de vous
With a hospitality education, you have a minimum of two years of housekeeping experience, including some supervisory training/experience, preferably in a hotel of similar size and complexity (more than 250 rooms).
You are fluent in English and French. Mastering a third foreign language of one of our target markets (Germany, China, India, Italy, Middle East, Netherlands, Spain, Russia) is highly desirable. You have an experience with Opera.
Thanks to an excellent relationship and team spirit, you are acknowledged for the quality and the personalization of your service. You like working in a fast-paced environment and are autonomous, well-organized and flexible. You aim to share your passion and knowledge with your guests and your colleague and are willing to help when needed.
This position is opened to Swiss citizens and EU passport holders.
Diversity and inclusion are important to us: all applications are welcome.
Ce que nous vous proposons
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve. Visit http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
InterContinental Geneva Hotel
This 5-star luxury hotel, newly redesigned by famous New York architect Chi offers amazing views of the Mont Blanc, the highest mountain in Europe, of Lake Geneva and Geneva City. It is a 3-minute walk from the Botanic Garden, United Nations and International Centre of Congress CICG and within a 5-minute drive from Palexpo Exhibition Centre and Luxury Shopping area. Free tram and eco-bus are available for hotel guests.
The spacious and elegant rooms at InterContinental Geneva have free WiFi, free tea and coffee making facilities, are air-conditioned and feature cable TV and a minibar.
Dining options include modern international cuisine and seasonal specialities served in the gourmet restaurant, which features a well-stocked wine cellar and a terrace.
At the bar Les Nations, guests can enjoy a wide range of drinks, listen to live piano music, and browse in books and magazines.
The 400 m² Spa by Clarins offers a complete set of beauty and massage treatments. A steam bath, a sauna and a hot tub are also available. The health and fitness centre is open 24 hours.
Cointrin Airport is 3 km away, and Cornavin Train Station is 2.5 km from the InterContinental. Guests benefit from free public transports in Geneva during their stay.