Do you see yourself as a Bartender for InterContinental Hotels Group® Dubai Festival City?
What's your passion? Whether you're into triathlon, exploring new restaurants or dancing the tango, at IHG we're interested in you. We love people who apply the same amount of passion and precision to their jobs as they do to their hobbies. Imagine working for a company that gives you Room to be yourself. Our commitment to our people is to deliver room to have a great start, to learn and grow, to perform, to be recognized and rewarded, to be involved and to take the initiative and lead.
The InterContinental Hotels Group® properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities. We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join over 900 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guests experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
Your day to day
Under the direction of the Restaurant Manager or Supervisor, delivers exceptional customer focused service through adherence to InterContinental Hotels Group Policies and Procedures. Promotes the desired work culture around the five core values of Trust, Integrity, Respect, One Team and Service of the InterContinental Hotels Group and the brand ethos.
- Deliver Food and Beverage service of high standard and in accordance with departmental standards and procedures
- Communicates to his/her superior any difficulties, guest comments and other relevant information
- Establishes and maintains effective employee working relationships
- Attends and participates in daily briefings and other meetings as scheduled
- Attends and participates in training sessions as scheduled
- Prepares for service by ensuring:
- Grooming is impeccable and in accordance with ICHG personal presentation standards
- Outlet equipment is clean
- Equipment is sorted and stored
- Glassware is polished
- Flatware is polished
- China is clean
- Waiter stations are prepared
- Tables are set
- Reservations are read and familiarized
- Special occasions are ready
- Music is on
- Lighting is on
- Outlet is ready for service and guest comfort
- Carries out effective service by ensuring:
- Guests are greeted and seated
- Daily specials are explained and upsold
- Food orders are processed accurately
- Trays and tray jacks are effectively used
- Food orders are taken quickly
- Payment methods are handled accurately
- Working areas are cleaned and re-set quickly
- Bar is clean
- Used ashtrays are regularly cleaned
- Guests are conversed with in relation to the food and beverage products
- Carries out effective beverage service by ensuring:
- Beverages are upsold and regularly replenished, abiding by responsible alcohol service regulations
- Converse with Guests about wine, advising the types and styles of wine, taking wine orders and serving wine
- Promoting and selling cocktails to guests
- Presenting cocktails
- Coffee and tea is served hot and in accordance with standard
- Take appropriate action to resolve guest complaints
- Food and beverage stock is stored in relation to hotel procedures
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
What we need from you
Ideally, you'll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we're looking for:
- Great communication skills
- Ability to work in a team and in different functions
- Warm and inviting personality
- Ability to think calmly under pressure
- Willingness to learn open-mindedly
- Passion of food and curiosity for something new
- Basic organisation skills in restaurant operation
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with competitive salary and benefits.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG® family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.
InterContinental Hotels Group®
The InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG®) properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of -the-art gymnasium facilities, and swimming pool facilities.
We are looking for confident, sophisticated and internationally-minded people to join over 1500 colleagues who are committed to maintaining the highest standards of luxury, quality and service which define our company. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.