As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
The InterContinental Hotels Group properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities. We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join over 900 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guests experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
Your day to day
Under the guidance and direction of the Pool and Health Club Supervisor / Manager, within the limits of established InterContinental Hotels Group® Brand and local policies and procedures, attends to all guests needs within Health Club facility. Promotes the desired work culture around the five core values of Trust, Integrity, Respect, One Team and Service of the InterContinental Hotels Group® and the brand ethos.
- Maintain public notice board for accuracy
- Maintain responsibility for cleanliness of swimming pool (Vacuuming and Scrubbing) and immediate surrounds
- Maintain responsibility for cleanliness garden areas (planters base)
- Maintain pool cleaning equipment are in good condition, reporting problems to maintenance when needed
- Greet and escort guests to lounge chairs and present towels
- Provide the cooler bags along with water, fruits (apple) and cold face towels
- Maintain a comprehensive library of books and magazines in different languages if guest/s or member/s requested
- Maintain current First Aid and CPR qualifications
- Recommend food and beverage facilities to guests using the pool area and assist fellow Food and Beverage service team when needed
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the hotel’s emergency response procedures, particularly in the event of drowning, cyclones, storms
- Maintain your uniform in a clean and tidy manner, ensuring grooming matches hotel policy
- Swimming activities (Swimming Lesson Class) by the pool area if any guest/s or member/s asked must inform to trainer
- Participate in sports activities when required
- Supervise children’s swimming activities during the peak season and maintain a watchful eye of guest safety
- Handle basic billing procedures such as miscellaneous charges when we sell the retail items
- Demonstrate Awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements
What we need from you
Ideally, you'll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we're looking for:
• Good level of spoken/written English • Flexibility in shifts & tasks • Minimum one year of experience in a similar environment (4-5* hotel) • Certificate in First Aid • License as a lifeguard
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with competitive salary and benefits.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.
InterContinental Hotels Group®
The InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG®) properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of -the-art gymnasium facilities, and swimming pool facilities.
We are looking for confident, sophisticated and internationally-minded people to join over 1500 colleagues who are committed to maintaining the highest standards of luxury, quality and service which define our company. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.