Your day to day
Assist the Shift Engineer or Assistant Maintenance Manager with general hotel and building maintenance and ensure that work is completed to a high standard within your established trade which meets the needs and expectations of your customers. Promotes the desired work culture around the five core values of Trust, Integrity, Respect, One Team and Service of the InterContinental Hotels Group and the brand ethos.
- Perform all routine preventative maintenance and curative maintenance
- Maintain a level of broader knowledge which enables you to handle minor problems in all fields of the department
- Attend to all types of repair and maintenance work in the Hotel premises, including any new additions / extensions to the Hotel or any other properties maintained by the Hotel.
- Repair and maintain guest room facilities, light facilities, furniture and equipment
- Assist with the implementation of the hotel’s preventative maintenance system and repair log system
- Prioritize work in line with guest requests and management
- Record daily service work, including maintaining individual replacement costs along with time/task labour hours cost
- Participate in instructing colleagues on the proper operation, safety procedures and cleaning of all equipment
- Participate in staff meeting regarding proper operating and maintenance practices of equipment
- Implement and carry out maintenance program in accordance with established timeframes
- Ensure that appropriate files are maintained and resources kept for future reference
- Complete daily reports outlining work undertaken for the day
- Explore and incorporate environmentally friendly initiatives
- Efficient and effective use of recycling methods
- Rooms / Public areas- Apply paint, stain and other finishes to property walls, ceilings and furniture using brushes, spray guns, or rollers.
- Apply primers or sealers to prepare new surfaces for finish coats.
- Remove old finishes by stripping, sanding and burning.
- Cover surfaces with appropriate material for protection during painting and post appropriate signs.
- Clean up and store paint and painting tools and equipment in appropriate areas.
- Reach 14 meter, predominately over the head.
- Remain in stationary position for 30 minutes - 2 hours throughout work shift.
- Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Participate in the preventive maintenance program of all-building equipment and
- Support the Chief Engineer and work with the Engineering team to accomplish daily maintenance of property.
What we need from you
Ideally, you'll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we're looking for:
- At least 2 year previous experience in a similar role in a 4*-5* property
- Good communication skills
- Good command of English
What we offer
InterContinental Hotels Group®
The InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG®) properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of -the-art gymnasium facilities, and swimming pool facilities.
We are looking for confident, sophisticated and internationally-minded people to join over 1500 colleagues who are committed to maintaining the highest standards of luxury, quality and service which define our company. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.