Cluster Director of Human Resources
About the job
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
At Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, we embrace the new world of business and understand that modern business travellers want a hotel (and a hotel team) that understands and supports them, helping at every turn.
Awarded the Great Place to Work certificate since 2020, our two properties, InterContinental Genève and Crowne Plaza Geneva are proud to offer an inclusive, supportive and stimulating work environment. Our diverse teams are the secret to our success. We encourage each and every one to develop their potential through internal mobility opportunities, training and on-the-job learning.
Join us as our new Cluster Director of Human Resources:
For InterContinental Genève and Crowne Plaza Geneva, your main duties will be to:
- Manage, optimize and develop the hotels’ human and organizational resources in compliance with the financial budgets, laws and regulations.
- Develop and monitors an annual budget that includes HR services, compensation & benefits administration, employee recognition, social activities, etc.
- Be responsible for the application of the people strategy for each hotel and brand.
- Work with department managers to develop initiatives to achieve service behavior standards and drive continuous improvement in the guest experience.
- Research and investigate all workplace issues to discover facts, identify potential risks to the hotels and facilitate resolution through employee relations programs.
- Protect the interests of employees and the company in accordance with HR policies and governmental laws and regulations. Minimizes risks.
- Guarantee the Great Place To Work culture.
- Animate and maintain the training & development culture.
- Be responsible for the training culture of the establishments.
- Implement the Well-Being culture and be the ambassador of the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion values.
Ce que nous attendons de vous
With a Bachelor/Diploma or Federal Certificate in Human Resources and/or Social Law, you have minimum 5 years of experience in a similar position within a hotel establishment of the same category (4- or 5- star) and capacity (+200 rooms). Excellent computer skills and knowledge of personal administration and Swiss Labor Laws is required (LTr, OLT, CO, CCNT).
With a proven track record of crafting and seamlessly implementing effective HR & Talent policies across hotels, you have strong abilities to influence cross functions and work as an enabler in a diverse hotel leadership structure across Area.
You have a professional desire to continuously learn and understand best practices, latest thinking and build external networks.
You are fluent in French and English. Mastering German or another foreign language of one of our target markets (China, India, Italy, Middle East, Netherlands, Russia) is highly desirable.
This position is opened for Swiss citizens and EU passport holders.
Diversity and inclusion are important to us: all applications are welcome.
Ce que nous vous proposons
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
Visit http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
- Department: Human Resources
This 5-star luxury hotel, newly redesigned by famous New York architect Chi offers amazing views of the Mont Blanc, the highest mountain in Europe, of Lake Geneva and Geneva City. It is a 3-minute walk from the Botanic Garden, United Nations and International Centre of Congress CICG and within a 5-minute drive from Palexpo Exhibition Centre and Luxury Shopping area. Free tram and eco-bus are available for hotel guests.
The spacious and elegant rooms at InterContinental Geneva have free WiFi, free tea and coffee making facilities, are air-conditioned and feature cable TV and a minibar.
Dining options include modern international cuisine and seasonal specialities served in the gourmet restaurant, which features a well-stocked wine cellar and a terrace.
At the bar Les Nations, guests can enjoy a wide range of drinks, listen to live piano music, and browse in books and magazines.
The 400 m² Spa by Clarins offers a complete set of beauty and massage treatments. A steam bath, a sauna and a hot tub are also available. The health and fitness centre is open 24 hours.
Cointrin Airport is 3 km away, and Cornavin Train Station is 2.5 km from the InterContinental. Guests benefit from free public transports in Geneva during their stay.