Do you see yourself as an Assistant Chief Engineer?
For over 70 years, the InterContinental® Brand has been writing the story of international travel and showing guests the InterContinental Life through personalized service, memorable, one of a kind experiences and global etiquette. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs; inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. As the world''s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. If you''d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we''d like to welcome you to the world''s most international luxury hotel brand.
HOTEL OVERVIEW: InterContinental® Boston is a landmark of luxury; top rated on Trip Advisor for Boston hotels, named a ‘Top Place to Work’ by The Boston Globe, rated as one of the ‘Best Hotels in the World'' by Condé Nast Traveler magazine and featuring a Forbes Four-Star, 4 Diamond AAA rated hotel experience. The property overlooks Boston''s historic waterfront, featuring 424 luxurious ultra-modern accommodations with distinctive style and breathtaking waterfront or downtown city views, a full-service spa and fitness club, 32,000 square feet of premier meeting and event space, and an array of restaurants and bars influenced by a variety of international flavors. We are looking for passionate people who are charming, confident and internationally-minded to ensure we continue the story of making great things happen at InterContinental® Boston.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Reporting to the Chief Engineer, in this role you will help to manage the day to day activities of the maintenance department. You will schedule employees, assign daily work and projects, train and coach employees, inspect work for quality and productivity, and initiate corrective and/or disciplinary action as needed. Serve as lead on various maintenance projects.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish and enforce procedures that ensure the security of inventory such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, televisions, etc., replenishes supplies and inventory in a timely and efficient manner, and minimizes waste.
- Ensure all staff is properly trained and has the tools to and equipment needed to effectively carry out their respective job duties.
- Assist in educating/training employees on current safety issues to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws and safety regulations. Inform management of hazardous situations, emergencies or threats to the security of guests, employees or hotel assets.
- Monitor performance and recommend and/or initiate disciplinary or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest questions, complaints and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
- Inspect work assignments to ensure that work is completed in a timely manner and within specifications. Manage various maintenance and repair projects to ensure timely completion within budget and specifications.
- Manage the daily activities of the department. Plan and organize work, communicate goals, and schedule employees to ensure proper coverage. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures.
- Perform maintenance and repair work on the interior and exterior of buildings, hotel rooms and contents, laundry and kitchen/refrigeration equipment, lighting, heating, air conditioning (HVAC), ventilation, and water treatment systems, and swimming pool-if applicable, etc.
- Schedule and oversee preventive maintenance as outlined in the Preventative Maintenance Program
- Ensure that equipment is prepared and operational for the following day’s work.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
- May serve as Manager of Duty as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: Some college or advanced vocational training plus four years of experience in general building maintenance and/or construction, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Hotel maintenance and supervisory experience required. Professional certification and license preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying, lifting, pushing and/or pulling items weighing up to 100-300 pounds
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
- Frequently bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing and crawling
- Specialized expertise in plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and carpentry fields. Level 3 EPA Certification, HVAC and refrigeration certificate, licensed plumber and/or journeyman status for electrician and carpenter may be required.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with the other supervisors, hotel staff and hotel guests.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized in order to document or record all tasks completed, to order supplies, to receive their instructions for the day and/or to read equipment repair manuals.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
In return we''ll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we''ll give you the room to be yourself.
So what''s your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.