Do you see yourself as a Bartender? What''s your passion? Whether you''re into skiing, board games or just playing with the kids, at IHG we''re interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we''re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Ideally located on Avenue of the Stars in Century City, the InterContinental Los Angeles Century City at Beverly Hills Hotel is just minutes away from Beverly Hills and close to LAX airport, Santa Monica and Hollywood. Our property offers 364 elegant guest rooms, including 150 spacious suites, all with private balconies and inspiring panoramic views of the ocean or the Hollywood Hills. Dedicated to providing guests with exceptional service, the InterContinental Los Angeles Century City at Beverly Hills evokes a unique combination of understated elegance and modern luxury.
Prepare beverages and/or serve food for the customer in a prompt and courteous manner while maintaining a high level of quality and consistency.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet guests pleasantly as they approach the bar; promote house drinks and utilize up-selling skills to maximize revenues.
- Prepare beverages requested by customers. Adhere to established pouring standards and drink recipes to provide a consistent product to the guests and to control costs. Coordinate food service with restaurant(s) for bar/lounge guests if applicable.
- Monitor guest behavior and guest alcohol consumption to determine when alcohol service to the guest should cease; notify management of incidents involving excessive alcohol consumption or impaired condition of customers; check identification whenever the age of a guest requesting an alcoholic beverage service is questionable.
- Alert Management of any service and/or safety issues. Make appropriate service recovery gestures according to established guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Set up bar including all liquor, mixers, ice, garnishes, glassware and supplies. Perform pre- and post-shift side-work (empty/fill ice-bins, prepare garnishments, replenish/store snacks, etc.). Requisition all necessary supplies.
- Inventory unused liquor and beverages. Ensure that all liquor is properly secured before, during, and at close of shift.
- Obtain, count and secure bartender’s bank; receive cash and credit payments from customers; give accurate change and balance cash drawer at end of shift.
- Inspect bar daily for cleanliness and attractiveness and inspect all equipment and machinery for proper operation. Sweep and mop bar floor after shift. Wipe down counters, equipment, stools, chairs, tables, and other areas as required.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Basic reading, writing, and math skills. Knowledge of liquor brands, beer, wine, champagne, non-alcoholic beverages, designated glassware, preparation methods and garnishments. Formal bartending training preferred. Must meet state legal age requirements. Must speak fluent English.
This job requires the ability to perform the following:
- Handling, carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds (bar ware, carts, boxes, bottles, etc)
- Moving about the bar, lounge and kitchen
- Bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, wait staff, cooks, and supervisor.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when taking orders, describing cocktail items, completing paperwork, etc.
- Basic math skills are frequently used when handling cash and credit.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
WORK AREA: Bar, lounge area, kitchen and other F&B areas.
In return we''ll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we''ll give you the room to be yourself.So what''s your passion? if you are interested in any of these positions, log onto our website at www.careers.ihg to see our job qualifications and apply directly online.IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
- Job type
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract