At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts®we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
- Be charmingby being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
- Stay in the momentby understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownershipof getting things done.
- Make it memorableby being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
Assist servers in providing fast and courteous service of food and beverage to guests by clearing and setting tables and performing miscellaneous tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform set-up and closing side work assignments such as make coffee, fold napkins, etc. Stock service station or pantry with napkins, placemats, condiments, etc. May be required to transport linens to and from laundry.
- May routinely fill water glasses, serve non-alcoholic beverages, and assist servers by delivering items to guest tables.
- Clear, clean, and set tables according to established service standards.
- Clean and/or wipe down tables, chairs, walls, windows, mirror and floors of restaurant.
- Separate dirty china, glassware and silver and deliver to kitchen for cleaning.
- Perform other duties as assigned including but not limited to room service duties.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Basic reading, writing and math skills.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Moving about the restaurant
- Handling food, objects; bus tray/tub, plates, glasses, utensils, etc.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, wait staff, cooks, and supervisor.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often to answer guest’s questions regarding the menu.
- Basic math skills are used when performing room service duties.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Job type
- Atlanta, GA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract