Manage Human Resources programs such as recruiting/employment, compensation, benefits, worker’s compensation, labor and employee relations, employee recognition programs and training for hotel employees. Ensure policy compliance, support the Company’s initiatives, and promote a positive employee culture. Maintain confidentiality to the extent possible in all Human Resources-related matters.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
- Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
- Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownershipof getting things done.
- Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
- Create programs and events to foster a positive work environment for all employees (e.g. pep rallies, all employee meetings, excitement committees, health fairs, etc.). Support and administer the employee satisfaction survey in conjunction with Corporate Human Resources. Assist the General Manager and other department managers with developing action plans based on feedback. Facilitate feedback sessions.
- Coordinate, support and administer all other corporate initiatives such as annual merit process, short term incentive process, benefit enrollment and communication, wage and hour surveys, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with employment laws, government agencies, and company policies and procedures (e.g. Occupational Safety and Health Act, Equal Employment Opportunity, Wage and Hour, Affirmative Action, employee records administration, etc.). Conduct annual HR compliance/standards self-audit. Communicate and interpret all company and hotel policies and procedures. Review and make recommendations as appropriate to management and/or HMG Human Resources to improve HR policies, procedures and practices.
- Support and administer an effective employee relations program. Research and investigate all workplace issues to discover facts, identify potential liability to the Company, and facilitate resolution. Support and promote the Employee Resolution process. Advise Corporate Human Resources of any potentially serious issues.
- Design and facilitate effective training and development programs for employees. Ensure that all managers and supervisors are trained on the progressive discipline process, performance management process, and related management programs and initiatives. Coach managers to create and maintain a work environment with high morale and productivity. Conduct new employee orientation to familiarize employees with Company standards, policies, procedures, rules and other employee programs.
- Ensure worker’s compensation claims are properly documented and reported. Ensure that there is an active safety committee at the hotel, that safety programs are implemented, and that employees are motivated to follow safety procedures.
- Submit required documentation in response to unemployment claims. Participate in unemployment hearings as needed. Ensure that paperwork is complete and documentation is thorough so the company’s position can be legally and effectively represented.
- In a union environment, may manage labor relations and represent the hotel in grievances, mediations, arbitrations and contract negotiation. Ensure all departments are knowledgeable of and in compliance with the terms of all collective bargaining agreements.
- May coordinate and administer locally developed specialized recognition programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned and may serve as “manager on duty” as required.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Communications, or Business Management, plus 4 years of related training experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. Some supervisory experience also preferred. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Computer programs; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc., and Human Resources/payroll systems. ADP/Timesaver experience preferred. Professional HR designation (PHR, SPHR or other) preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Standing and moving around the facility
- Use a keyboard to generate various work-related documents
- Handling objects, files, training materials and equipment, etc.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with employees, vendors, and corporate human resources and legal staff.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, giving and receiving instructions, and training.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training.Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
- Job type
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract