InterContinental Washington D.C. – The Wharf is the newest addition to the reimagined Wharf neighborhood. Perfectly placed on the beautiful Potomac River, InterContinental Washington D.C. – The Wharf enjoys the most incredible waterfront views of D.C. Modern luxury, culture, and a rich history combine in the Wharf neighborhood to create a perfect atmosphere for guests and locals alike.
InterContinental Washington D.C. – The Wharf brings sophistication to its contemporary style, allowing guests to feel home at The Wharf. Featuring Kith/Kin, an Afro-Caribbean restaurant by James Beard Winner Executive Chef Kwame Onwuachi’s influential heritage. As well as a relaxing seasonal rooftop pool with striking Potomac River views and the indulging full service spa, The Wharf Spa by L''Occitane.
- Manage and monitor the operation of all computer hardware, ensure all systems are working and installed properly, and serve as the primary contact for servicing the computer hardware.
- Ensure that all systems are covered by the proper maintenance contracts and that preventive maintenance is performed as required.
- Continually keep informed of approved systems and technology that may contribute to improve hotel efficiency, including, but not limited to :
- Cabling Systems
- Personal Computer and Software
- Electronic Key Systems
- Accounting Systems
- Other Systems
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all computer hardware.
- Manage the configuration reports, job control languages, program files and data files on the computer system(s) to ensure maximum operating efficiency.
- Monitor the performance of the software and maintain a log book of performance report e.g., through systems measurement facility/utility, error and integrity check reports, system malfunctions and solutions.
- Establish documents, test, and communicate appropriate emergency procedures to follow when the hotel computer system(s) are inoperable.
- Ensure that all computer media saves and back-ups are completed, documented and stored per IHG specifications.
- Manage the day to day activities of the Information Technology function, plan and organize work.
- Install and test corporate approved program changes to the hotel computer system(s).
- Investigate and report software problems to the vendor, or appropriate corporate department.
- Understand all standard and customized features and functions of the hotel front office systems, point of sale systems, and other systems, including but not limited to system security, system reports, manager functions, system utilities, and user functions.
- Control the key/lock for computer room and ensure that the computer room fire protection, temperature control, and power requirements meet the company security specification as described in the company security system.
- Control all user ID’s, passwords, and security parameters.
- Maintain technical and user documentation, systems reports, newsletter and announcement in an orderly and secure fashion.
- Complete & distribute activity reports, program trouble reports, and enhancement list.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May serve “manager on duty” as required.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
In return we''ll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability, and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we''ll give you the room to be yourself.
So what''s your passion? Please click "Apply Online" and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females / Disabilities / Veterans
- Job type
- Washington, DC, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract