InterContinental Hotels Group are one of the world''s leading hotel companies. Present in around 100 countries, we have over 161 million guests staying in 809,889 rooms in almost 5,400 hotels each year. You''ll know our hotel brands. They are some of the best known and most popular in the world - InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Indigo, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites, EVEN Hotels and HUALUXE Hotels and Resorts as well as Kimpton Hotels.
All of these brands work together towards our goals of creating Great Hotels Guests Love. This is a mission that''s seen us go from strength to strength with more rooms in an ever-growing portfolio of hotels across more and more locations. Which makes this an incredibly exciting time to become part of the team. In Japan, IHG ANA Hotels Group was established in December 2006 as a joint venture between IHG and ANA - Japans leading airline. IHG ANA is the leading hotel operator in Japan with 33 hotels operating under four brands: InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, ANA Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn and ANA Hotels.
As Executive Chef you’ll direct all kitchen activities and prepare our delicious food - helping create memorable experiences for guests - whenever and wherever they dine. You’ll also ensure quality, kitchen maintenance, hygiene and inventory functions are kept to the highest standards possible.
- Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues - recognize good performance
- Drive a great working environment for teams to grow – connect departments to create sense of one team, along with working closely alongside the Director of F&B and Marketing teams
- Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maximizing the financial performance in all areas of responsibility
- Direct daily kitchen activities, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment and environment are hygienic and working properly
- Maintain costing and documentation of all dishes prepared and sold from the kitchen
- Always follow governmental regulations and company policies and procedures
- Passion, Creativity, Personal Drive for all things Culinary!
- Experience in managing renovations and hotel openings.
- Excellent personal presentation, communication skills, and the ability to develop positive working relationships at all levels
- Native or Business level Japanese & English
- Degree/certificate in culinary arts and a minimum of 2 years experience as an Executive chef
- Job type
- 7, Shinjuku-ku, Japan
- Starting in
- As soon as possible