As the world''s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.If you''d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we''d like to welcome you to the world''s most international luxury hotel brand.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual team operating budget and financials plans. Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on food, beverage and labour costs.
- Manage all aspects of one or more full-service food and beverage outlet(s) on a daily basis and coordinate special events.
- Ensure all credit and financial transactions are handled in a secure manner.
- Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members.
- Educate and train all team members in compliance with federal, sated and local laws and safety regulations. Ensure is properly trained on quality and service standards, has the necessary tools and equipment and is empowered to carry out job duties.
- Ensure Adhere to local regulations concerning health, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures.
- Effectively manage the restaurant by ensuring the following:
- Oversee the Implementation of standards as detailed in the departmental standards and procedures manual
- Adhere to opening and closing procedures and bill paying procedures
- Conduct effective shift briefings ensuring all staff are aware of VIPs, special occasions, daily specials; emphasis on upselling certain products; etc.
- Personally meet and farewell a minimum of 80% of your customers
- Share recommendations and guest comments to Chef and Food and Beverage Manager to reflect current customer profile
- Ensure compliance with standards of service and operating procedures.
- Develop and implement Promotions Calendar for F&B products in restaurant
- Manage special event concepts
- Anticipate market changes and review operations when necessary
- Conduct competitor analysis
- Create positive publicity opportunities
- Manage customer database and utilize effectively
- Up-sell property facilities
- Actively pursue cost saving measures
- Recycle wherever possible
- Liaise with Sales Manager during tender process to obtain new accounts; Food and Beverage specific
- Manage wage and cost
- Stock control
- Analyze food and beverage statistics through point of sale system
- Works with Superior on manpower planning and management needs
- Works with Superior in the preparation and management of the Department’s budget
Required Skills –
- Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local government agency.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
- Good writing skills
- Leadership Skills
- Japanese and English language skills
- Diploma in Hotel Management, Food & Beverage, or related field.
- 4 years related experience, including supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Local Contract with very competitive salary and we’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
- Job type
- Osaka Prefecture, Japan
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration