Do you see yourself as a Front Desk Agent? What''s your passion? Whether you''re into skiing, board games or just playing with the kids, at IHG we''re interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we''re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Ideally located on Avenue of the Stars in Century City, the InterContinental Los Angeles Century City at Beverly Hills Hotel is just minutes away from Beverly Hills and close to LAX airport, Santa Monica and Hollywood. Our property offers 364 elegant guest rooms, including 150 spacious suites, all with private balconies and inspiring panoramic views of the ocean or the Hollywood Hills. Dedicated to providing guests with exceptional service, the InterContinental Los Angeles Century City at Beverly Hills evokes a unique combination of understated elegance and modern luxury.
Check-in/check-out hotel guests in a timely and professional manner; process all payments according to established procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcome guests in a friendly, prompt and professional manner.
- Register guests, issue room keys, provide information on hotel services and room location.
Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Up-sell rooms where possible to maximize hotel revenue.
- Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions in accordance with established procedures including but not limited to posting all charges, completing cashier and other reports, preparing deposit, and counting/securing assigned bank.
- Issue, control and release guest safe-deposit boxes.
- Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require
additional monitoring or follow-up.
- Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Make appropriate service recovery gestures in order
to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- May routinely book guest reservations for individuals and/or groups that are requested either by
phone or from within the hotel; process cancellations, revisions, and information updates on
- Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with
- Perform other duties as assigned including guest room tours, concierge services, special guest requests, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements:
High School diploma or equivalent, plus one year front desk/guest service experience. Some college preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Frequently standing up behind the desk and front office areas
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Handling objects, products and computer equipment
- Use a keyboard to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often.
- Basic math skills are used frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating and training abilities are often used.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
In return we''ll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we''ll give you the room to be yourself.So what''s your passion? if you are interested in any of these positions, log onto our website at www.careers.ihg to see our job qualifications and apply directly online.IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
- Job type
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract