At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
- Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
- Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownershipof getting things done.
- Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
InterContinental Buckhead is one of Atlanta’s established Mobil Four Star luxury properties located in the heart of the prestigious Buckhead neighborhood. InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta is a stately and sophisticated hotel that offers premier travel experience with 422 guest rooms, 31,000 square feet of flexible event space including our lavish ballrooms which can host up to 850 guests for a seated dinner and 1500 for a convention, conference or reception. Enjoy local southern-inspired cuisine at Southern Art restaurant, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner inspired by our acclaimed celebrity chef restaurateur and cookbook author Art Smith. Meet friends and colleagues at Bourbon Bar and sip your way through our 70 hand selected craft bourbons. Or enjoy a workout in our fitness center or a swim in our outdoor saltwater pool. Pamper yourself in our newly-renovated Jurlique Spa at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta where we combine our expertise in growing and crafting pure and effective skin care with holistic therapies from around the world.
Visit our website at:
Manage the activities of a front desk shift ensuring that guests receive prompt, professional attention and personal recognition. Adhere to all brand standards and desk merchandising.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate and assist in achieving departmental guest satisfaction, revenue, and profit goals and objectives. Manage labor costs and expenses within budget.
- Assist in managing hotel revenue generation & maximization through full utilization of company systems, business processes and specifications.
- Monitor performance and recommend/initiate corrective and/or disciplinary action, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in according with company policies and procedures. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
- Ensure all staff is properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Accounting, Revenue Management, Sales and Marketing, Catering, Food and Beverage, Housekeeping, and Maintenance.
- Interact with outside contacts:
- Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
- Regulatory agencies – regarding safety and emergency matters
- Other contacts as needed (professional organizations, community groups, local media)
- Ensure guests receive prompt, professional attention and are greeted upon arrival. Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Implement appropriate service recovery gestures in order to ensure total guest satisfaction. Communicate to staff any VIP, Priority Club, or special needs or requests and follow up on execution.
- Ensure procedures are followed for security of monies, credit and financial transactions, and guest security.
- Manage all aspects of front desk operations for assigned shift. Schedule employees to ensure proper coverage.
- Throughout shift conduct routine inspections of the front office and public areas to ensure the appearance of such areas reflects highly on the hotel, brand, and Company. Correct any deficiencies.
- Train appropriate staff on procedures for PBX to serve as a central communications point during emergency/crisis situations.
- May serve as “manager on duty” as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned
This job is responsible for managing front desk operations for a p.m. and/or weekend shift at a large, fairly complex full-service hotel with an extensive range of facilities and services and may include a large number of Priority Club Accounts and VIP and key guests. Typically supervises a shift of front office employees.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management, Business Administration or related field plus one or more years front office/guest services experience including supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Frequently standing up behind the desk and front office areas
- Use a keyboard to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc.
- Carrying, pushing, or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Handling objects, products and computer equipment
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Job type
- Atlanta, GA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract