As the world''s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs, inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you''d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we''d like to welcome you to the world''s most international luxury hotel brand.
- Greet guests in a prompt and courteous manner; seat guests ensuring a balanced workload among servers
- Maintain accurate waiting list as needed; alert guests when table is available
- Receive payments and process transactions according to established policies and procedures; give correct change; balance cash drawer at close of shift; complete all opening/closing paperwork; document voids on balance sheet
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments
- May process take-out orders; may answer room service phone and process room service orders; practice up-selling techniques
- May routinely clear and reset tables and assist with opening tasks, such as assigning stations to servers
- May be asked to handle guest complaints and special requests
- May assist with other duties as assigned
- Carrying or lifting items weighting up to 50lbs
- Handling food objects, products and utensils
- Using a keyboard
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, wait staff, cooks, and supervisor
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when taking orders, completing paperwork, etc.
- Basic math skills are frequently used when handling cash and credit, quantities and variances
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package. What''s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we''ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved, and grow.
And because the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand belongs to the IHG family of brands, you''ll also benefit from all of the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 4,800 hotels in over 100 countries around the world.
Join us and you''ll become part of the global IHG family - and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together - we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
InterContinental Toronto Centre is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We are committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process for any qualified applicants under the respective provincial human rights codes. Please advise the recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
- Job type
- Ontario, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible