Do you see yourself as a Maintenance & Repairs Engineer - SKILLED?
For over 70 years, the InterContinental® Brand has been writing the story of international travel and showing guests the InterContinental Life through personalized service, memorable, one of a kind experiences and global etiquette. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs; inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. As the world''s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. If you''d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we''d like to welcome you to the world''s most international luxury hotel brand.
HOTEL OVERVIEW: InterContinental® Boston is a landmark of luxury; top rated on Trip Advisor for Boston hotels, named a ‘Top Place to Work’ by The Boston Globe, rated as one of the ‘Best Hotels in the World'' by Condé Nast Traveler magazine and featuring a Forbes Four-Star, 4 Diamond AAA rated hotel experience. The property overlooks Boston''s historic waterfront, featuring 424 luxurious ultra-modern accommodations with distinctive style and breathtaking waterfront or downtown city views, a full-service spa and fitness club, 32,000 square feet of premier meeting and event space, and an array of restaurants and bars influenced by a variety of international flavors. We are looking for passionate people who are charming, confident and internationally-minded to ensure we continue the story of making great things happen at InterContinental® Boston.
Job Overview: Reporting to the Chief Engineer, in this role you will work independently to perform major repairs and maintenance work to ensure hotel maintenance quality and safety standards are achieved and maintained. You will also serve as Engineer on Duty in case of a building emergency.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow procedures that ensure the security of inventory and assets such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, televisions, etc., replenishes supplies and inventory in a timely and efficient manner, and minimizes waste.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest questions, complaints and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
- Perform maintenance and repairs for assigned area of expertise such as the interior and exterior of buildings, hotel rooms and contents, laundry and kitchen/refrigeration equipment, lighting, heating, air conditioning (HVAC), ventilation, and water treatment systems, and swimming pool-if applicable, etc.
- Ensure that assigned equipment is prepared and operational for the following day’s work.
- Adhere to federal, state and local regulations concerning safety or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policy and procedures to ensure quality, safety, and consistency. Report all unsafe conditions or malfunctioning equipment to supervisor. May educate and train hotel staff in the safe and proper use of equipment.
- May also perform other minor maintenance and repairs and/or conduct preventative maintenance duties as needed including small carpentry repair work and painting.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Advanced vocational training plus two years of experience in general building maintenance or construction, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Professional certification and license preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying, lifting, pushing and/or pulling items weighing up to 100-300 pounds
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
- Frequently bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing and crawling
- Specialized knowledge and skills or certification within a field or discipline such as plumbing, electrician, carpentry, equipment mechanics, HVAC, refrigeration, etc.
- Able to use power tools and hand tools satisfactorily and adhering to safety standards
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with the other supervisors, hotel staff and hotel guests.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized in order to document or record all tasks completed, to order supplies, to receive their instructions for the day and/or to read equipment repair manuals.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, percentages, quantities, and variances are used frequently.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Must be able to work successfully independently and act as the Engineer on Duty in case of building emergencies
In return we''ll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we''ll give you the room to be yourself.
So what''s your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.