Job Summary – (Role Summary)
The Manager IT Software Development & Maintenance is a leader of 5-10 professional employees within a larger unit/function. The Manager IT Software Development & Maintenance ensures the team is consistent when implementing the Company’s technology requirements and business objectives, including providing the technical solutions for analyzing, designing, coding, debugging and documenting software. This includes but is not limited to services, application development, interface components, graphical screens, reports, and high level logic for application system(s).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
- Manage strategies for the continued planning, scheduling, and coordination of system tests for reliability, scalability, and maintainability and monitor test results to take or assign required corrective action.
- Manages vendors performance, SLA’s and provide timely communications and status reports to business partners
- Oversees proofs of concepts and acts as an advisor to Sr. level IT management on strategic decisions concerning legacy and/or new technology.
- Ensures documentation of project and code reviews to ensure development conforms to standards, requirements, and the software development life cycle as defined.
- Manages the efficiency of the facilitation of design, development, and implementation of real time applications for use in a multi-platform environment.
- Manage relevant projects to ensure stable performance of the systems through the monitoring, analysis, identification, and resolution of systems issues in accordance with specified technical requirements, schedules and budgets. This includes, but not limited to, budget reporting, scope management, risk mitigation, and ensuring problems are diagnosed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Leads the assigned function within established budgetary and resource plans, establish performance standards, and operating procedures. Participate in creation of department staffing and capital budgets.
- Manages complex programs and leads project/program and systems documentation based on established IT standards.
- Coach and develop team members. Act as advisor to staff to help meet established schedules and/or resolve technical or operational problems.
- Project management experience in organizing, planning and executing large-scale projects from conception through implementation.
- Education –
Bachelor''s or Master''s Degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Experience –
- Typically a minimum of 10 years of progressive work related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines, technologies, or processes related to the position.
- Technical skills and Knowledge –
- Experience in leading and developing people directly or indirectly.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of structured analysis and technical design techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge, in addition to experience, in related software architectures and development methodologies
- Ability to strategically demonstrate analytical and conceptual skills needed to develop efficient and effective solutions for cross-platform technologies.
- Ability to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills when explaining complex technical issues to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences, including clients, vendors, senior management, and staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence in the software engineering team''s knowledge of the customers'' business needs.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Proficient knowledge and development expertise in one or more of the following disciplines required:
- Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, ETL tool, RDBMS and/or multi-dimensional database
- Transaction Processing Facility (TPF v4.1), Assembler, Visual Age Tools, C, C , Central Reservation
- Systems applications - JAVA, J2EE, OO, XML, Web Services, Internet/Extranet/Intranet - MVS, COBOL, JCL, Batch - C , DB2, Tuxedo, Weblogic and Revenue Management Systems - ERP System (PeopleSoft) - RAD/JAD, client/server, Unix
- Hot Skills -
SalesForce Development SalesForce Administrator Angular JS AEM Development (Adobe Experience Manager) Native App (IOS or Android) SOA middleware architecture App Dynamics
APIGEE Micorservices IBM Interact and Campaign
Java RunTime (JVM, Heap, Thread analyzing capabilities)
Java Service Wrapper
- Number of employees supervised: Direct 5-10; Indirect 0
- Decision making responsibilities (Key Decisions Rights)
- Responsible for making moderate to significant improvements of processes, systems, or products to enhance performance of job area.
- Responsible for assigning work, monitoring work quality, reviewing outputs, and ensuring that team members are equipped to deliver work in the area.
- Develops and proposes short term budgets in addition to being accountable for achieving budgetary objectives.
- Responsible for making employment recommendations.
- Responsible for all performance related activities, including performance reviews.
Internal Key Relationships
This position will work closely with client management, IT development teams, support teams, data center resources, IT management to discuss projects, provide recommendations on improvement opportunities and operating and financial performance.
External Key Relationships
Key vendors, professional associations, industry experts to keep informed of existing and evolving industry standards
Work Environment –
Work is typically performed in a normal office environment
- Job type
- Gurugram, India
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract