InterContinental Washington D.C. – The Wharf is the newest addition to the reimagined Wharf neighborhood. Perfectly placed on the beautiful Potomac River, InterContinental Washington D.C. – The Wharf enjoys the most incredible waterfront views of D.C. Modern luxury, culture, and a rich history combine in the Wharf neighborhood to create a perfect atmosphere for guests and locals alike.
InterContinental Washington D.C. – The Wharf brings sophistication to its contemporary style, allowing guests to feel home at The Wharf. Featuring Kith/Kin, an Afro-Caribbean restaurant by James Beard Winner Executive Chef Kwame Onwuachi’s influential heritage. As well as a relaxing seasonal rooftop pool with striking Potomac River views and the indulging full service spa, The Wharf Spa by L''Occitane.
- Develop, communicate and/or implement an annual marketing plan which lays the foundation of assigned initiatives, and which builds into the overall marketing strategy and annual plan. Develop processes and delivery systems for all marketing programs that result in a continuous improvement of actual performance versus strategy.
- Monitor progress against agreed objectives, including financial, and formally report progress at defined intervals. Monitor and control all budgeted product expenditure to constantly achieve enhanced cost effectiveness and product value, and control and approve the work of assigned promotional design agencies on marketing initiatives. Conduct monthly budget audits and reconcile budget allocations.
- Through liaising with stakeholder teams influence success and implementation of marketing initiatives. Develop and maintain excellent working relationships across all functions at all levels to ensure maximum benefit from cross-functional synergies.
- Initiate, develop and manage all aspects of marketing initiatives and standards. May independently direct specific product initiatives to include strategic planning, project management, implementation, evaluation and training.
- Monitor all relevant competitive activity across all elements of the marketing mix and make appropriate recommendations to management.
- Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing large-scale marketing projects from conception through implementation and evaluation.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, senior management and staff. Ability to develop and present data-driven recommendations successfully, promotes items persuasively, and shapes the opinions of others.
- Demonstrated knowledge of multiple brand process management, including research methodology and design (basic measurement and statistics).
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing principles and concepts.
- Demonstrated creative problem solving ability and demonstrated creative thinking skills as evidenced by prior campaigns.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a consistent, high quality customer-focused orientation, including providing clear, accurate information; explaining procedures or materials or providing supplemental information; anticipating problems or questions.
- Demonstrated appreciation and understanding of consumer and intermediaries and ability to develop consumer understanding based on research and existing trends.
- Demonstrated effective problem solving and analytical skills for the purpose of evaluating marketing data and trends and resolving issues with marketing programs and/or implementation. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the relevant labor market, economic conditions, and industry trends, and ability to analyze these factors and draw logical conclusions.
In return we''ll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability, and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we''ll give you the room to be yourself.
So what''s your passion? Please click "Apply Online" and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females / Disabilities / Veterans
- Job type
- Washington, DC, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract