At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we''re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. The InterContinental New York Times Square is a refreshing sanctuary from the sights and sounds of NYC. Rising 36 stories above the world-famous Times Square District, crossroads of theater, dining, entertainment and business worlds, our luxury hotel is the quintessential New York City experience. Located at 44th Street and 8th Avenue, our Times Square hotel in midtown Manhattan is within walking distance to Broadway, as well as extraordinary shopping and fabulous restaurants. With a chic Manhattan residential feel encompassing natural elements, InterContinental Times Square features 607 guestrooms and 4 suites with floor-to-ceiling windows offering stunning panoramic views of the Manhattan skyline, Hudson River and Broadway district.
This exciting position is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing marketing campaigns that promote the company and its products and services. Play a major role in enhancing brand awareness within the digital space as well as driving website traffic and acquiring leads/customers.
- Website development & on-going management (Vanity website & Brand.com)
- Manage all social media platforms (FB, IG, LinkedIn) and drive content creation. Work with Social Media Agency to develop social strategy, as well as setting & achieving social objectives.
- E-newsletter (leading content, design, w. agency), setting newsletter objectives
- Digital presence on partner websites (Opentable, Google Business etc.)
- Managing digital marketing agency
- Analyze data for all digital marketing items to monitor performance and uncover areas for improvement
- Prepare and present recommendations and findings from reports and experimental data
- Execute on a wide range of content campaigns to drive education and engagement
Marketing Strategy Development
- Conducting research on the competitive set and ongoing trends, as well as evaluating the property’s identity to implement tactics.
- Build and maintain (new) key partnerships; Ensure these partnerships are ticking all the boxes – from idea creation, collaboration, dissemination (internally and externally).
- Develop partner projects and coming up with ideas/concepts benefitting sales & public image.
- Liaising monthly with field marketing team to maximize marketing efforts
- Work with cross functional team (Sales, F&B, ops, etc.) to establish growth strategies to support revenue goals in; sales and food and beverage. As well as appealing to the media.
- Includes developing(seasonal) packages (both revenue and media focused)
- Coordinating the operational backend of the packages, ensuring packages are communicated and updated internally and externally
- Media liaison (writing press releases, educating the media)
- Handling media requests (media tours, journalist meetings, influencers)
- Key contact with our PR agency
- Asset management of photos, videos, press/media, etc.
On Property Activations
- Leading bi-weekly F&B marketing meeting; coming up with seasonal activations for the restaurant/hotel.
- Ensuring activations are communicated and updated internally and externally
- Awards applications
- Creating online voting campaigns around awards
- Designing both print and online advertisements with graphic designer and digital marketing agency.
- Writing both the copy as well as advising on the design
- Collateral development.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 10 pounds
Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
Understanding of microeconomics as it applies to hotel business.
Demonstrated knowledge of effective hotel pricing concepts, yield management optimization and selling strategies, and ability to determine which concepts to apply in given market conditions.
Strong computer skills are required.
Strong reading and writing abilities are required.
Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
Ability to travel to attend workshops, specialized training and or certifications.
May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
In return we''ll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we''ll give you the room to be yourself. So what''s your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.