At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
- Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
- Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownershipof getting things done.
- Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
Clean and service the assigned public areas according to established quality standards and procedures.
- Monitor and control supplies and amenities, and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
- Report to supervisor needed repairs or unsafe conditions.
- Report, turn in, and/or log any lost and found items according to established procedures.
- Clean and service assigned areas according to established standards and procedures which may include public restrooms, lobby area, public phone areas, vending areas, etc. May include cleaning employee break areas and restrooms.
- Strip and wax floors as needed, clean and polish all furniture, railings, table tops, mirrors in assigned areas.
- May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
Basic reading, writing, and math skills. Some housekeeping experience and ability to speak English preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Moving about the kitchen
- Handling food, objects, products and utensils
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
- Basic reading, writing, and math abilities are utilized often when reading assignments, completing checklists, replacing linens and amenities.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
In return we''ll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability, and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we''ll give you the room to be yourself.
So what''s your passion? Please click "Apply Online" and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females / Disabilities / Veterans IND