As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
Under the general guidance of the Hotel Manager/General Manager, and within the limits of InterContinental Hotels Group and the Hotel’s policies and procedures, responsible for leading the hotel’s quality and continuous improvement philosophy. The position plays a leading role in promoting the desired work culture around the IHG value of Winning Ways and the brand ethos of working in achieving Great Hotels Guest Love. This position will be the key driver for achieving success with Winning Metrics in terms of HeartBeat, Member Recognition, Problem Handling, Brand Standards and Colleague HeartBeat.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
- Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
- Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
- Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the Quality and Continuous Improvement process and culture within the hotel.
- Retrieve, analyze and disseminate information from such business tools as in Merlin, IHG’s Guest Satisfaction, Heartbeat Surveys, financial data and key Social Listening tools.
- Identify root causes of problem areas in conjunction with the relevant teams and then work on solutions and develop subsequent new or revised processes ensure that the problems are eliminated.
- Coordinate QEM (Standard Evaluation Audit) execution including following up on action plans.
- Be the key driver of all quality meetings and initiate action by the hotels to ensure deadlines are met and overall results achieved in line with hotel’s objectives.
- Guide and advise teams on the processing of all relevant data for measurement of each project and the subsequent follow up required depending on each project.
- At the close of the process ensure that all quality projects initiated in the hotel continue and are regularly monitored with measurable results.
- Follow up on focus groups during process development with the areas concerned and also with areas that have completed Quality & Continuous Improvement implementation to constantly monitor effectiveness and compliance.
- Prepare monthly reports to the Regional General Manager/Hotel Manager, reporting on the status of each project and achievements made, together with areas of concern.
- Coordinate any necessary training for the implementation of processes with the relevant Department Head and conduct quality workshops.
- Identify future Quality and Continuous Improvement projects within hotels.
- Communicate with the ANA IHG team regarding process breakthroughs and ensuring transference of best practice to other hotels.
- Conduct briefings on Quality and Continuous Improvement and results achieved to ensure that all colleagues are aware of IHG’s quality philosophy and can participate effectively.
- Carry out any other tasks/duties as requested by the Hotel Manager /Regional General Manager / or designate.
Required Skills –
- Business level written and spoken Japanese
- Business level written and spoken English
- Job type
- Public Relations
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract