InterContinental Washington D.C.-The Wharf is the newest addition to the reimagined Wharf neighborhood. Perfectly placed on the beautiful Potomac River, InterContinental Washington D.C. –The Wharf enjoys the most incredible waterfront views of D.C. Modern luxury, culture, and a rich history combine in the Wharf neighborhood to create a perfect atmosphere for guests and locals alike.
Our convenient location means getting here and getting to center city has never been easier. InterContinental Washington D.C.-The Wharf has immediate access to major roadways, is blocks away from public transit stops, and a short five miles away from the Reagan National Airport.
For 70 years, the InterContinental® Brand has been writing the story of international travel and showing guests the InterContinental Life through personalized service, memorable, one of a kind experiences and global etiquette. We are looking for passionate people who are charming, confident and internationally-minded to ensure we continue the story of making great things happen at InterContinental Washington DC-The Wharf.
Manage all aspects of one or more full-service food and beverage outlet(s) on a daily basis and coordinate special events. Ensure compliance with standards of service and operating procedures. Adhere to federal, state and local regulations concerning health safety or other compliance requirements.
- Achieve budgeted revenues, control expenses and labor costs, and maximize profitability within all areas of the food and beverage outlet(s). Assist in preparation of the annual operating budget which supports the overall objectives of the food and beverage outlet(s).
- Maintain procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of restaurant inventory, and equipment, (2) ensure the security of monies, credit and financial transactions, (3) replenish supplies, inventory, uniforms, etc. in a timely and efficient manner, and (4) to minimize waste and control costs. Participate in taking inventories.
- Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
- Ensure all staff is properly trained and certified if applicable and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Sales and Marketing, Catering, Banquets, Housekeeping, Maintenance and Guest Services.
- Interact with outside contacts:
- Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
- Vendors – to ensure adequate inventory of supplies and equipment, to discuss pricing or service issues, to resolve any vendor performance issues, etc.
- Regulatory agencies – regarding safety and compliance matters
- Other contacts as needed (professional organizations, community groups, local media)
- Supervise day-to-day activities of one or more food and/or beverage outlets. Plan and organize work. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all restaurant equipment (coffee and soda machines, registers, etc.) is in proper operational condition and is cleaned on a regular basis. Ensure that all restaurant facilities are cleaned, vacuumed, and properly stocked according to anticipated business volumes. Notify Engineering immediately of any maintenance and repair needs.
- Work closely with Executive Chef to identify pertinent concepts and menu design for the outlet(s). Conduct meetings to inform staff of special promotions, daily specials, and additional information.
In return we''ll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability, and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we''ll give you the room to be yourself.
So what''s your passion? Please click "Apply Online" and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females / Disabilities / Veterans