THE JEWEL OF CHICAGO''S MAGNIFICENT MILE
InterContinental Chicago is a lot like the city itself; historic but hip, refined but relaxed, cultured but comfortable. A member of Michigan Avenue''s architectural elite since 1929, our hotel is within easy reach of Chicago''s incomparable museums, stores, theatres and restaurants. Navy Pier, Shedd Aquarium and Oak Street Beach are minutes away.
The InterContinental Hotel Group owns, operates and franchise more than 9,000 hotels, 120 million stays per year in nearly 100 countries. Our people lie at the heart of our business - and by bringing your expertise and passion to IHG; you will help us to achieve our goal of creating Great Hotels Guest Love.
Room Attendant (Housekeeping)This is a full-time, 40 hours a week position. MUST have open availability and be able to work 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM.
To clean and supply all assigned guest rooms and bathrooms to the standards as requested by management to ensure total guest satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to clean a minimum of 15 guest rooms daily (consists of making beds 1 to 3 per room), dusting all furniture, vacuuming, cleaning bathtub, shower, basin, toilet, floors, mirrors, and glass doors.
- Replenishing all guest room supplies from paper products to linen in each room.
- Clean, stock and set-up linen closet to the standards as requested by management.
- Use and maintain all equipment to the standards as requested by management.
- Report to supervisor needed repairs or unsafe conditions.
- Monitor and control supplies and amenities, and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Ensure security of any assigned keys.
- Respond to guest complaints, special requests as needed to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Report, turn in, and/or log all lost and found items according to established procedures.
- May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects.
- To demonstrate a working knowledge of fire prevention and to follow the hotel evacuation plan on hearing the alarm.
- To be security conscious with respect to guest, staff, and hotel property, welfare, and to report suspicious circumstances to the housekeeping supervisor.
- To follow proper safety/security procedures when guest(s) are locked out of a guestroom.
- To attend any meetings, training sessions, or courses that may be beneficial to you and your department.
- To ensure that your designated uniform is worn well, pressed and is in good state of repair. All uniform accessories must be worn. Also, ensure that you wear a name badge at all times.
- To have a good knowledge of all hotel facilities and be able to answer guest questions in a quick, polite, and helpful manner.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
- May have turndown duties.
Qualifications and requirements:
Basic reading, writing, and math skills. Some housekeeping experience preferred and ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 20 pounds and pushing and or pulling approximately 50 pounds
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
- Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we''re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
In return we''ll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we''ll give you the room to be yourself.
So what''s your passion? Do you see yourself as a Room Attendant? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
- Job type
- Chicago, IL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract