Do you see yourself as a Safety & Security Manager at San Francisco’s crown jewel?
When you’re a part of IHG, you’re more than your job title. And that’s what we love – the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are. Join us and we won’t expect you to conform to any stereotype – because we know that a team with different perspectives and passions can only make us stronger.
With its rich local legacy and grand architectural style, the InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco is a beloved landmark at the crest of celebrated Nob Hill. Historic charm, modern services and amenities, and breathtaking views make this premier San Francisco hotel one of the city’s most sought-after destinations for meetings, weddings, and Bay Area exploring.
Featuring 383 luxurious accommodations with distinctive style and breathtaking city and bay views, a full fitness club service, 19,000 square feet of premier meeting and event space, and restaurant and bar influenced by local and international flavors.
Reporting to the Director of Safety & Security, in this role you will manage the Security function to provide a safe and secure hotel environment for our guests and employees. Oversee the performance management of Security Officers and Assistant Safety &Security Manager. Adhere to federal, state and local regulations concerning OSHA, hotel emergency procedures, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures.
POSITION OVERVIEW - ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish documentation and confidential reporting systems to ensure that appropriate investigation documentation and results are available for current litigation/settlement and future reference. Establish necessary and pertinent incident reports or information to police and fire agencies involving investigations and to the Corporate Legal department, Claims Management department, insurance agencies and outside attorneys to assist in case evaluation, settlement or defense involving lawsuits against the Company.
- Manage the daily activities of the security department. Plan and assign posts, work and schedule employees to ensure proper coverage. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures.
- Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing-human resources related actions in accordance with Company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include all hotel staff, Corporate Hotel Management Group and Corporate Risk Management and Legal department.
- Determine the security and safety requirements necessary to ensure that hotel property, employees and guests are protected against theft, crime and threats on a 24 hour per day basis.
- Train/educate employees on current safety issues to ensure compliance with all Company loss control policies and current security and safety regulations. Develop and conduct training for managers, security officers, and line level employees in the area of safety, security and fire protection. Inform management of hazardous situations, emergencies or threats to the security of guests, employees or hotel assets.
- Schedule preventative maintenance and repairs to Security equipment as needed and ensure that equipment is prepared and operational for the following day’s work.
- Monitor the Workers Compensation claims/statistics and manage the Workers Compensation reduction program by implementing property specific procedures to reduce claims.
- Arrange and provide special security services for special events and executives as requested.
- Establish and implement procedures and timing for inspecting employee lockers and bags, parcels, and knapsacks when employees are entering and leaving the hotel and in response to suspicions of misconduct.
- Ensure that all loss and safety incidents involving guests, employees and/or hotel loss and safety exposure are thoroughly investigated. Establish procedures to prevent/minimize the loss from theft and other safety risk or litigation against the hotel. Maintain audit reports and records on all loss and safety incidents and implement system or procedure enhancement from information learned during the investigations.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Some college or vocational training, plus a minimum of four years of hotel or related security and safety experience in a management capacity and/or military/law enforcement experience, including supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying, lifting, pushing and/or pulling items weighing up to 50-100 pounds
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to secure the facility
- Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Certification in safety and training and/or licensed as a Security Officer or Law Enforcement Officer may be required. Certified CPR, First Aid instructor and training in law enforcement techniques desired. Non expired California Guard Card certification required.
- Working knowledge of local laws, investigation methods, OSHA requirements and fire codes and life safety codes.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Computer proficiency is required. Must possess experience with Microsoft Office systems, SafLok, and Pyro-Comm.
In addition to joining a highly engaged and winning team, we provide you with a comprehensive benefits package including: departmental incentives, healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, a matching 401k plan, paid time off including vacation, personal, sick. In addition, four (4) “Mark Hopkins” floating holidays.
Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount schemes and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we''re ready to welcome all of you.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.