InterContinental Washington D.C. – The Wharf is the newest addition to the reimagined Wharf neighborhood. Perfectly placed on the beautiful Potomac River, InterContinental Washington D.C. – The Wharf enjoys the most incredible waterfront views of D.C. Modern luxury, culture, and a rich history combine in the Wharf neighborhood to create a perfect atmosphere for guests and locals alike.
InterContinental Washington D.C. – The Wharf brings sophistication to its contemporary style, allowing guests to feel home at The Wharf. Featuring Kith/Kin, an Afro-Caribbean restaurant by James Beard Winner Executive Chef Kwame Onwuachi’s influential heritage. As well as a relaxing seasonal rooftop pool with striking Potomac River views and the indulging full service spa, The Wharf Spa by L''Occitane.
- Respond to client calls and special requests and obtain final details, dates, times, and hotel room and meeting room requirements. Regularly follow-up with clients and maintain accurate and updated information.
- Promote team work and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Coordinate details with other departments such as VIP amenities, special requests, or other service needs or special handling.
- Resolve requests and/or complaints to the satisfaction of the guest; inform supervisor of major problems, complaints, disturbances or dissatisfied clients.
- Perform administrative duties such as typing proposals, letters, contracts, etc. Collect data, update data-bases, and complete departmental monthly reports.
- May coordinate outside vendor services needs (floral displays, audio/visual, etc.) where appropriate. Regularly follow-up to ensure set-up requirements meet client needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned (guest room tours, property tours, special guest requests, maintaining calendars, answering phones and routing to appropriate sales staff, handling of mail, faxes, etc.)
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
- Type at least 50 wpm; proficient PC computer skills Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Communicating with customers, employees, and third parties
- Use a keyboard to generate correspondence, reports, etc.
- Handling objects, products and computer equipment
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with clients and guests.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often.
- Basic math skills are used frequently.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
In return we''ll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability, and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we''ll give you the room to be yourself.
So what''s your passion? Please click "Apply Online" and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females / Disabilities / Veterans
- Job type
- Washington, DC, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract