Are you interested in being a Shift Engineer? The InterContinental Hotels Cleveland offers an impressive collection of hospitality choices. Our superior locations, luxurious accommodations, high tech meeting rooms, unique dining experiences and attentive guest services are unparalleled in the area. Conveniently located on the campus of the prestigious Cleveland Clinic, less than one mile from the University Circle cultural and arts district. Legacy village shopping and entertainment, the Rock & Roll hall of Fame and Museum, Progressive Field and the Historic Warehouse District are all within easy reach.
The Career Opportunity: Shift Engineer
Maintain, repair and clean mechanical areas/equipment, handle guestroom problems, perform preventative maintenance. Operate on pressure boilers. Assist with other trade mechanics in their duties to ensure a safe, clean and well maintained hotel.
- Work with trade mechanics as required to help with repairs and maintenance on guestrooms, caulk bathrooms, cleaning cooling towers, replacing burned out lights. Perform minor shop repairs, small electric repairs (switches and outlet replacements). Provide and plug in extension cords. Clamp on lights for exhibit set ups, occasional painting and wall covering repair.
- Change filters on air handling equipment
- Clean and paint various areas throughout the hotel, as assigned
- Clean Culinary diffuser, return air registers and toilet exhaust where not accessible from a 6 foot ladder
- Set up/breakdown of equipment needed to perform job function
- Operate boiler and stand boiler watch upon receiving proper training
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with hotel policies and departmental policies and procedures for the safe and efficient operation of the hotel facilities
- Compliance with OSHA, Lock out-Lag out, city codes and hotel standards
- At IHG we are committed to providing our employees with a safe, secure and healthy workplace. It is your responsibility to comply with all workplace health and safety requirements, including any department specific training regarding equipment and procedures
- Perform other duties, tasks and special projects as assigned
- High school graduate.
- Ability to clearly communicate with proper grammar in English with guest/visitor and hotel personnel to their understanding
- Ability to provide legible communication
- 2 years maintenance related experience
- Ability to perform mathematical functions
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work over 8 hours when business demands are high, flexible hours
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize, organize delegated work and follow ensure follow through
- Ability to be a clear thinker remains calm and resolves problems using sound judgment.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet guest / co-workers needs and be courteous
- Ability to comprehend instructions
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
- Ability to read and understand test equipment and measuring devices
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, schematic drawings and technical part breakdowns
- Ability to write technical specifications
Whether you''re into sports, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we''re interested in YOU.
At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we''re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. What Do You Get? In return we''ll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we''ll give you the room to be yourself.
So what''s your passion? Do you see yourself as a Shift Engineer? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans. IND