Companies with a presence in almost 100 countries.
At InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts our role is to put the glamour into international travel. That’s where you come in. When you’re part of the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand you’re more than just a job title.
We love the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
Overlooking pristine white sands, InterContinental Hua Hin Resort is an elegant Hua Hin hotel near the beach and has two beachfront villas with private plunge pools. Let InterContinental Hua Hin Resort''s private jet fly you here from Bangkok. Choose from eight restaurants and bars serving authentic Thai cuisine and international fare. This Hua Hin hotel near the night market offers many shopping and dining options, with further diversions of golf, elephant treks and the Royal Summer Palace.
At InterContinental Hua Hin Resorts we look for people who are charming, confident, and internationally-minded; people who know what it takes to exceed guest expectations. So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
Sales and Marketing related duties and responsibilities for InterContinental Hua Hin under the general guidance and supervision of Director of Sales & Marketing, and within the limits of established Corporate/Sales policies and procedures, oversees and directs all aspects of Sales activities related to FIT, Corporate as well as Government and Embassies. Responsibilities include overseeing the planning and development of sales strategies. Oversee and assist with the development and implementation of sales plan. Support the management of the sales team and reporting on effectiveness of the plan. Promotes the desired work culture around the Winning Ways of the IHG Hotels Group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Monitors competitors activities and assist gathering in market intelligence
· Refers sales leads to appropriate personnel within IHG
· Sells to new, existing and prospective customers considering goals set forth in the sales strategy, negotiating optimum rates for the benefit of the business
· Services existing business through management of account bases
· Sell all facets of the member hotels
· Manages key accounts in line with budget expectations
· Oversees the selling and servicing of leisure group business and FIT
· Manage all contact points preferred hotel program for companies in their portfolio
· Develop and maintain a regular pattern of sales calls, meeting with principals of target market
· Provides direction on, and conducts market research and analysis on their respective market.
· Develops and maintains contact with business generators, travel agents, tour operators, airlines, and other producers closely allied to Hotel business
· Builds profile of local and overseas market place through attendance at various events and local market place
· Evaluation of joint marketing opportunities & partnerships with key clients.
· Plan and conduct familiarization tours and site inspections
· Plans and executes sales trips to markets managed.
· Attends major travel functions to promote sales for the hotel as required
· Travel when required to promote the hotel and develop potential business
· Maintain regular contact with the IHG hotels in your region and the regional reservation office
· Monitors existing business and inputs into sales strategy meetings to maximize business
· Grows existing business and establishes and pursues leads which will develop business
· Interfaces with operations on a timely basis.
· Assesses sales and marketing data.
· Assists with the preparation of tactical offers.
· Assists in the evaluation of sales and marketing activities.
· Analyses sales mix and likely impact on hotel goals.
· Implement direction from Director of Sales & Marketing.
· Input and participant in the forecasting and delivery of managed market segments.
· Collateral input and placement.
· Meets and entertains decision makers (product managers/contracting managers that come to for inspection/negotiations) from major producers/organizers of big events staying in the hotel to ensure customer satisfaction
Human Resource Responsibilities
· Working with Director of Sales & Marketing to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive. Duties include:
o Assists in maintaining a comprehensive, current and guest focused set of departmental standards and procedures and oversees their implementation
o Supports training need new Sales staff.
o Coaches, counsel’s new associates in on boarding process.
o Regularly communicates with staff and maintains good relations
· Works with Director of Sales & Marketing in the preparation and management of the department’s budget. Duties include:
o Monitor their own revenue targets monthly
o Participates in the preparation and planning of the of the departmental annual budget and goals
o Provides input to the annual budget and sales and marketing plan.
Drive For Results
· Compete against a standard of excellence by setting high performance standards and pursuing aggressive goals
· Strive for constant improvements and takes responsibility for achieving business results and persevere despite obstacles
Understanding the Business
· Adheres to Intercontinental Hotels Group Corporate Code of Conduct, Employee Handbook and Hotel policies
· Demonstrates an understanding of competitors’ major strengths and weaknesses
· Establishes and interprets key performance indicators to manage the business, consistently takes into accounts financial implications of business decisions and recommendations
· Has a broad knowledge of how the business is run, focuses on the major factors necessary to ensure that the business is successful and profitable
Problem Solving and Decision Making
· Diagnose problems and thoroughly analyze information to guide decision making
· Evaluate and assimilate critical information when reaching conclusions and make logical, competent decisions
· Build and maintain positive relationships with all internal customers and guests in order to exceed their needs.
· Take action to address these needs in order to exceed their expectations
· Create a positive hotel image in every interaction with internal and external customers
· Adhere to hotel brand standards
· Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge in order to explain and sell services and facilities to guests
· Assist guests and escort them to locations within the hotel at their request
· Maintain knowledge of special programs and events in the hotel in order to recognize and respond to guests needs
· Maintain current Hotel information to be able to provide information to guests
· Implements procedures which enhance the guest experience
· Generate new ideas and encourage creativity from your staff
· Recognize the need for new and modified approaches
· Demonstrate co-operation and trust with colleagues, supervisors, teams and across departments to deliver positive results
· Actively participate in wider hotel meetings
· Interact with department and hotel staff in a professional and positive manner to foster good rapport, promote team spirit and ensure effective two way communication
· Be comfortable and effective in an environment of ambiguity or change
· Be receptive to new ideas and respond to workplace changes in a flexible and optimistic manner
· Complete tasks as directed by Management
Impact and Influence
· Promote your ideas persuasively, and shape the opinion of subordinates and overcome resistance
· Build consensus for action and negotiate mutually beneficial solutions to problems
· Establish influential contacts with suppliers
Leading and Developing People
· Inspire others to excel by clearly communicating business values and direction, recognizing good performance and providing managerial support
· Develop potential of others through coaching and development opportunities to build organization capability for the future.
· Understands and takes into account the global nature of the business; works effectively with colleagues from different view points, cultures and countries
· Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
· Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
· Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision.
· Possess basic computational abilities.
· Extensive knowledge of the hotel and facilities.
· Knowledge in Corporate / Government & Embassies Industry.
· Understands the market and its competitors.
· Leadership skills and knowledge of all tasks within the area of responsibility.
· Ability to work independently and under pressure
University graduate or equivalent education required
Two to four years experience in Sales & Marketing, including at least two years as Sales Manager and with managerial experience with international chain hotel.
- Job type
- Hua Hin, Thailand
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration