Do you see yourself as a Banquet Houseperson?
What''s your passion? Whether you''re into tennis, shopping or reading a good book, at IHG we''re interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we''re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
For 70 years, the InterContinental® Brand has been writing the story of international travel and showing guests the InterContinental Life through personalized service, memorable, one of a kind experiences and global etiquette. As part of the largest luxury hotel brand in the world, InterContinental® Boston is a landmark of luxury; rated in the top five on Trip Advisor for Boston hotels, named one of the ‘Best Hotels in the World'' by Condé Nast Traveler magazine and featuring a Forbes Four-Star, 4 Diamond AAA rated hotel experience. The property overlooks Boston''s historic waterfront, featuring 424 luxurious ultra-modern accommodations with distinctive style and breathtaking waterfront or downtown city views, a full service spa and fitness club, 32,000 square feet of premier meeting and event space, and an array of restaurants and bars influenced by a variety of international flavors. We are looking for passionate people who are charming, confident and internationally-minded to ensure we continue the story of making great things happen at InterContinental® Boston.
This position is responsible for the set-up and break down all meeting rooms, ballrooms and work area including outdoor setups and cleaning and maintaining all corridors, vending areas, elevators, landings and service areas in the banquet facilities ensuring hotel’s standards of cleanliness.
- Set-up and/or break-down tables, chairs, audio visual equipment, platforms/stages and other equipment as specified by group requirements. Set-up table linens, skirting and table top items (water pitchers, glasses, supplies, etc.)
- Clean, store, and secure in an organized manner all tables, chairs, and audio visual equipment, platforms/stages and other equipment used for banquet functions.
- Maintain cleanliness of banquet rooms, banquet hallways, and storage and service areas.
- Inspect cleanliness and working condition of all equipment to be set up in function area. Report all damages or issues to on duty management.
- Refresh room during breaks (replenish supplies, water pitchers, etc.)
- Retrieve clean linen and skirting and stock in storage areas.
- Pick-up and deliver all boxes and materials (flip charts, easels, blackboards, etc.) for function.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Job type
- Boston, MA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible