1. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the general direction of the Food and Beverage Manager or his/her delegate, and within the limits of established IHG and local Hotel policies and procedures, manages the outlet operations achieving business objectives through customer focused service delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises the functioning of all Banquet employees, facilities, sales and costs, to ensure maximum departmental profit is achieved.
- Controls and analyses, on an on-going basis, in order to optimize the following:
- Quality levels of product and service
- Guest satisfaction
- Merchandising and marketing
- Operating costs
- Sanitation and cleanliness (hygiene)
- Coordinates and supervises the preparation, presentation and service of food products to ensure the highest quality at all times.
- Establishes and maintains effective employee relations.
- Coordinates with the Finance Manager to determine the minimum and maximum Food and Beverage par stocks. Approves all wine purchases and other Food and Beverage items in accordance with InterContinental Hotel Group quality and quantity standards.
- Conducts weekly Banquet meetings relating to, but not limited to, the following:
- Overall Banquet financial results and profitability
- Projected business
- Operations results and problems
- Changes in procedures
- New management policies
- Quality improvement
- Sales improvement
- Productivity improvement
- Attends all other meetings as required by the administrative calendar.
- Keeps and up-to-date standard recipe file for all Banquet items to include:
- Sales history
- Sales mix
- Actual costs
- Potential costs
- Par stock
- Production time
- Implements a daily, weekly and monthly checklist for the Banquet department. Ensures proper follow-up to attain maximum quality and efficiency.
- Interacts with individuals outside the hotel including, but not limited to, clients, suppliers, government officials, competitors and other members of the local community.
- Demonstrates understanding and awareness of all company policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety.
- Performs related duties and other projects as assigned.
- Job type
- Beirut, Lebanon
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible