What''s your passion? Whether you''re into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we''re interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we''re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
InterContinental Nairobi is situated along City Hall way in Nairobi overlooking the City and a 5 minutes drive from the City Centre. The Hotel is located 16kms from JKIA Airport which is a 30 minutes drive. The Parliament buildings are a short stroll away, the Kenyatta International Conference Centre is right next door and Nairobi National Park, Museum Hill and the Elephant Orphanage are within easy reach.
The Hotel is an ideal venue for experiencing great room comfort, has excellent Banquet and Catering facilities, having one of the largest ballrooms in Nairobi and it boasts of 3 Restaurants and 2 Bars.
InterContinental Hotels are synonymous with excellence in customer service. At the InterContinental Nairobi, we commit ourselves in creating unforgettable experiences for our guests, providing personalized service, anticipating and fulfilling our customers’ needs. InterContinental Nairobi has, for years been an oasis for business travelers'' as well as those who want to experience the wonders of Africa.
At the moment we''re looking for a Bellman to join our energetic, enthusiastic and passionate team at InterContinental Nairobi.
You will be responsible for providing friendly and professional service to our guests ensuring maximum guest satisfaction as well as maintaining high quality standards and service at the Front Office area. You will be directly reporting to the Chief Concierge.
Ideally, you will:
· Increase revenue generation by ensuring the designated transport companies are recommended before obtaining an alternative.
· Contribute to the hotel revenue generation through the Loyalty program enrolments and Up selling program by meeting set targets.
· Maintains cashier float and ensures accurate daily report of all money received with full accountability of postage/Stamp activities.
· Account for the delivery of guest newspapers by vendors.
· Knowledgeable of all special promotion procedures, for programs such as; Seasonal Packages, Frequent Flyers Programs, and also Intercontinental Hotels Group Loyalty programs.
· Provide information to guests about the hotel facilities and services.
· Provide guest services and guidance.
· Learn and utilize names of guests, especially repeat and long staying guests and routinely greet guests as they pass through the lobby, remaining alert to situations where he can be of assistance to guests.
· Keep the lobby clean and tidy, informing the Concierge or Bell Captain if it needs major cleaning.
· Keep the baggage room clean and in order before going off duty on each shift.
In return, we''ll provide a competitive salary package, duty meals, worldwide hotel discounts and the opportunity to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we''ll give you a Room to be yourself.
So what''s your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG by 27th June 2018!
IHG is an equal opportunity employer
To find out more about us visit
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Starting in
- As soon as possible