What''s your passion? Whether you''re into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we''re interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we''re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
InterContinental Nairobi is situated along City Hall way in Nairobi overlooking the City and a 5 minutes drive from the City Centre. The Hotel is located 16kms from JKIA Airport which is a 30 minutes drive. The Parliament buildings are a short stroll away, the Kenyatta International Conference Centre is right next door and Nairobi National Park, Museum Hill and the Elephant Orphanage are within easy reach.
The Hotel is an ideal venue for experiencing great room comfort, has excellent Banquet and Catering facilities, having one of the largest ballrooms in Nairobi and it boasts of 3 Restaurants and 2 Bars.
InterContinental Hotels are synonymous with excellence in customer service. At the InterContinental Nairobi, we commit ourselves in creating unforgettable experiences for our guests, providing personalized service, anticipating and fulfilling our customers’ needs. InterContinental Nairobi has, for years been an oasis for business travelers'' as well as those who want to experience the wonders of Africa.
At the moment we''re looking for a Car Park Cashier to join our energetic, enthusiastic and passionate team at InterContinental Nairobi.
Ideally, you will:
· Verify all parking tickets at the car park exit and ensure tickets are either validated or charged before exiting motorists.
· Ensure you have enough float both at the Auto pay machine and at hand.
· Withdraw car park daily sales from the auto pay with the help of hotel’s Income auditor
and duty Security Officer.
· Validate all invalidated car park tickets on line before exiting them to ensure all validation
Sales from all hotel outlets are captured on validation report.
· Records first and last ticket before closing your shift on both car park log book and tickets
· Balances and summarizes car park sales by completing daily auto pay sales report.
· Records all cash withdrawal on car park cashiers log book.
· Assist in distribution of car park invoices.
· Issue receipts, refunds or change due to customers.
· Hand over cash, float on shift basis and ensure all transactions are recorded on cashier’s occurrence book.
· Record all manual transactions and ensure all tickets are attached together with manual opening report.
· Prepare car park sales report and hand it over to the night Auditor every day at the close of the shift.
· Ensure all lost tickets by guest are charged or logged in on car park cashiers occurrence book as per car park policy on lost tickets.
· Assist Car park Manager drive car park revenue by up selling car park services to guests patronizing the car park facility on daily basis.
· Assist in developing, implementation of sales and marketing programme to ensure profitability of Car park department.
In return, we''ll provide a competitive salary package, duty meals, worldwide hotel discounts and the opportunity to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we''ll give you a Room to be yourself.
So what''s your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG by 27th June 2018!
IHG is an equal opportunity employer
To find out more about us visit
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Starting in
- As soon as possible