Do you see yourself as a Catering Sales Manager for our InterContinental Houston Medical Center property?
What''s your passion? Whether you''re into sports, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we''re interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we''re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
This exciting role will develop business through direct sales solicitation; secure new accounts, maintain existing accounts and execute tactical sales plans strategy to maximize the profitability of the hotel while maintaining guest satisfaction. Oversee client functions to ensure customer satisfaction.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
• Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
• Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership
of getting things done.
• Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Establish client base of individuals, organizations, associations, social, and/or corporate businesses through direct outside and inside sales efforts to secure business for the hotel to ensure that catering revenue goals are met or exceeded. Actively prospect and qualify new business.
• Negotiate guest room rates, meeting room rental, function space, and/or hotel services within approved booking guidelines. Accurately produce and/or review all sales contracts, rate agreements, and/or banquet/catering event orders.
• Work closely with other hotel departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients. Disseminate sales-related information to other departments as appropriate.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include all hotel departments.
• Interact with outside contacts:
o Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
o Airlines, wholesalers, corporate accounts, travel agencies, ad agencies, etc. – to ensure repeat business, follow up on events, and generate new business
o Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, community groups)
• Check function room set ups prior to guest arrival, ensuring all details are in agreement with client’s requirements and hotels standards. Ensure deficiencies are corrected by appropriate personnel.
• Welcome group contact upon arrival at function and ensure guest satisfaction.
• Monitor and handle inquiry calls and provide client proposals in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures
• Follow up with guests regularly during and after departure to ensure satisfaction and secure future bookings.
• Monitor and ensure all functions are set up, refreshed, and broken down in compliance with scheduled times and departmental procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Attend and represent hotel at trade shows and conventions and/or participate in sales trips to key feeder markets.
• Arrange and conduct special events, site inspections, and off-site presentations for potential clients. Entertain clients in accordance with established company and hotel policies and guidelines.
• Maintain client files and update information daily in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures. Produce monthly sales-related reports and sales forecasts for assigned area of responsibility.
• May assist in developing and implement sales actions plan as assigned. May also participate in the annual budgeting and planning process.
• May assist client in menu planning. May coordinate food, beverage, table arrangements and decorations with Banquet Department.
This job is a catering sales professional for a full service, luxury, or resort hotel with catering and/or convention facilities for more than 500. At a small full service hotel, this job may be the only Catering Sales position reporting directly to the Sales Director.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Houston, TX, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible