· Assists to maximise employee productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the financial goals of the business as well as the expectations of the guests.
· Focuses attention on improving productivity levels and the need to prudently manage utility/payroll costs within acceptable guidelines ensuring optimum deployment and energy efficiency of all equipment.
· Ensures new technology and equipment are embraced, improving productivity whilst taking work out of the system
· Establishes and maintains effective employee and inter-departmental working relationships
· Assists the Director of Food and Beverage and the Executive Sous Chef in developing training plans, develops training material in accordance with IHG guidelines and implements training plans for the Stewarding employees and other Food and Beverage employees.
· Conducts daily briefings and other meetings as needed to obtain optimal results
· Liaise with employees of the Engineering Division to schedule preventive maintenance and repairs
· Through hands-on management, closely supervises the Kitchen employees in the performance of their duties and ensures this is in accordance with policies and procedures and applicable laws.
· Assists to oversee the punctuality and appearance of all Kitchen employees, making sure that they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, according to the hotel and department’s grooming standards.
· Assists to prepare and post weekly work schedules, making sure that they reflect business needs and other key performance indicators.
· Develops the skills and effectiveness of all Kitchen employees through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
· Assists to delegate as appropriate the duties and responsibilities necessary to trained employees who are well equipped and resourced to correctly accomplish these tasks.
· Ensures effective training programmes for employees in coordination with the Training Manager and their Departmental Trainers.
· Encourages employees to be creative and innovative, challenging and recognising them for their contribution to the success of the operation.
· Assists in conducting annual Performance Development Discussions with employees and supports them in their professional development goals.
· Ensures that employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to employee rules and regulations.
· Ensures that employees follow all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to fire and hazard safety, and security
· Oversees the preparation of kitchen equipment for use
· Manage the receiving and storage of kitchen goods
· Oversees the cleaning and storage of kitchen equipment
· Oversee the cleaning of the premises
· Oversee the removal of waste
· Assists to ensure that all guest contact culinary employees deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at all times.
· Assists to ensure that employees also provide excellent service to internal customers in other departments as appropriate.
· Handles all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to make sure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
· Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships
· Oversee the handling of kitchen linen
· Maintains a hygienic kitchen
· Cleans the kitchen and equipment
· Maintains high levels of personal hygiene for self and enforces hygiene standards for team
· Manages all functions of the Stewarding operation to achieve the optimum quality level of sanitation
· Monitors local competitors and compare their operation with his operation
- Job type
- Chennai, India
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible