THE JEWEL OF CHICAGO''S MAGNIFICENT MILE InterContinental Chicago is a lot like the city itself; historic but hip, refined but relaxed, cultured but comfortable. A member of Michigan Avenue''s architectural elite since 1929, our hotel is within easy reach of Chicago''s incomparable museums, stores, theaters and restaurants. Navy Pier, Shedd Aquarium and Oak Street Beach are minutes away.
The InterContinental Hotel Group owns, operates and franchise more than 9,000 hotels, 120 million stays per year in nearly 100 countries. Our people lie at the heart of our business - and by bringing your expertise and passion to IHG; you will help us to achieve our goal of creating Great Hotels Guest Love.
The Career Opportunity: Cocktail Server
- Serves food and beverage to guests in established service style and standard.
- Always recommends specials, meals, appetizers, and/or beverages to the guests
- in an upselling manner and answers any questions.
- Relays orders to kitchen/bar following established procedures
- Educated in food preparation, food allergies and beverage/wine knowledge
- Monitors guests to fulfill additional requests.
- Maintains supplies of China, Cutlery and Condiments for side station, keeps side
- station clean and orderly.
- Organizes the back storeroom when needed.
- Complete dry requisition
- Sets and clears tables when needed ensuring standards are met.
- Make sure micros station and check presenters are properly maintained.
- Makes roll-ups prior to and after each shift.
- Collects Food & Beverage orders from the kitchen when needed.
- Attends pre-meal briefing sessions.
- Ensures personal grooming and hotel uniform is to the required standard.
- Complies with hotel''s health, safety and hygiene policy.
- Follows the procedures on Cash handling and Bill presentation to guests.
- Prepares and presents Bills according to hotel standard, closing Bill immediately
- on computer.
- Communicates politely and display courtesy to guests.
- At IHG we are committed to providing our employees with a safe, secure and
- healthy workplace. It is your responsibility to comply with all workplace health and
- safety requirements, including any department specific training regarding
- equipment and procedures.
- Perform other duties, tasks and special projects as assigned.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Chicago, IL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible