Do you see yourself as a Conference & Events Manager for our InterContinental Houston Medical Center property?
What''s your passion? Whether you''re into chess, shopping or farming, at IHG we''re interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we''re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. This position will manage and coordinate all conferences, meetings, group functions and group activities booked through the sales department.
This exciting role will manage and coordinate all conferences, meetings, group functions and group activities booked through the sales department.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
• Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
• Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership
of getting things done.
• Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Negotiate food and beverage prices, function space, and hotel services within approved departmental booking guidelines. Confirm in writing to the client and all affected hotel departments all group requirements via sales contract terms, addendums, confirmation of pricing, group resumes, and/or banquet event order.
• Work with sales staff to service and solicit new business. Up-sell client events and manage function space and room block inventory as assigned.
• Assist in the preparation of the departmental budget and implementation of the hotel’s catering and conference strategy.
• May assist in developing and implement sales actions plan as assigned. May also participate in the annual budgeting and planning process.
• Work closely with other hotel departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include all hotel departments.
• Interact with outside contacts:
o Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
o Airlines, wholesalers, corporate accounts, travel agencies, ad agencies, etc. – to ensure repeat business, follow up on events, and generate new business
o Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, community groups).
• As needed, assist the client in menu planning, food and beverage coordination, table arrangements, decorations, traffic flow, room set-up, group room blocks and VIP services, etc.
• Welcome group contact upon arrival at function and ensure guest satisfaction.
• Follow up with clients regularly during and after departure to ensure satisfaction and secure future bookings.
• Monitor and handle inquiry calls and provide client proposals in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures.
• Monitor and ensure all functions are set up, refreshed, and broken down in compliance with scheduled times and departmental procedures.
• Work in a timely manner to executive and distribute all Banquet Event Orders (BEO) and contracts as designated by sales.
• Conduct hotel and banquet facility tours and entertain qualified clients in accordance with company and property policies.
• Maintain client files and update information daily in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures. Review daily postings of charges to master accounts of clients and resolve any discrepancies, or process necessary adjustments. Review final bill prior to presenting to client. Complete post-conference reports of events for senior management, and complete other reports as needed or requested.
• Report and communicate Meeting event needs between the client and hotel.
• Prepare and distribute amenity request forms for specified clients. Obtain designated approvals and follow-up on delivery.
• Check function room set ups prior to guest arrival, ensuring all details are in agreement with client’s requirements and hotel standards. Ensure deficiencies are corrected by appropriate personnel.
May perform other duties as assigned.
Typically has accountability for coordinating assigned conferences, group bookings or special events in full service, luxury, or resort hotel with catering and or resort hotel with catering and/or convention facilities.
- Job type
- Houston, TX, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible