Do you see yourself as a Conference Services Manager?
What''s your passion? Whether you''re into sports, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we''re interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we''re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
For 70 years, the InterContinental® Brand has been writing the story of international travel and showing guests the InterContinental Life through personalized service, memorable, one of a kind experiences and global etiquette. As part of the largest luxury hotel brand in the world, InterContinental® Boston is a landmark of luxury; rated in the top five on Trip Advisor for Boston hotels, named one of the ‘Best Hotels in the World'' by Condé Nast Traveler magazine and featuring a Forbes Four-Star, 4 Diamond AAA rated hotel experience. The property overlooks Boston''s historic waterfront, featuring 424 luxurious ultra-modern accommodations with distinctive style and breathtaking waterfront or downtown city views, a full service spa and fitness club, 32,000 square feet of premier meeting and event space, and an array of restaurants and bars influenced by a variety of international flavors. We are looking for passionate people who are charming, confident and internationally-minded to ensure we continue the story of making great things happen at InterContinental® Boston.
This position manages and coordinates all conferences, meetings, group functions and group activities booked through the sales department.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
In this position you will:
- Negotiate food and beverage prices, function space and hotel services within approved departmental booking guidelines.
- Confirm in writing to the client and all affected hotel departments all requirements via sales contract terms, addendums, confirmation of pricing, local resumes and/or banquet event order.
- Work with group sales team to service and solicit new business and provide client proposals.
- Work closely with other departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales manager and prospective clients.
- Assist in the implementation of the hotel''s catering and conference strategy.
- Produce monthly related reports and catering forecasts for assigned area of responsibility.
- Arrange, conduct and/or partner with the sales manager in site inspections and presentations for potential clients as needed.
- Attend and represent hotel at trade shows and networking events to broaden hotel recognition within the local area.
- Other duties as required.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Boston, MA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible