What''s your passion? Whether you''re into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we''re interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we''re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
InterContinental Nairobi is situated along City Hall way in Nairobi overlooking the City and a 5 minutes drive from the City Centre. The Hotel is located 16kms from JKIA Airport which is a 30 minutes drive. The Parliament buildings are a short stroll away, the Kenyatta International Conference Centre is right next door and Nairobi National Park, Museum Hill and the Elephant Orphanage are within easy reach.
The Hotel is an ideal venue for experiencing great room comfort, has excellent Banquet and Catering facilities, having one of the largest ballrooms in Nairobi and it boasts of 3 Restaurants and 2 Bars.
InterContinental Hotels are synonymous with excellence in customer service. At the InterContinental Nairobi, we commit ourselves in creating unforgettable experiences for our guests, providing personalized service, anticipating and fulfilling our customers’ needs. InterContinental Nairobi has, for years been an oasis for business travelers'' as well as those who want to experience the wonders of Africa.
At the moment we''re looking for a Conventions and Events Key Account Manager to join our energetic, enthusiastic and passionate team at InterContinental Nairobi and you will be directly reporting to the Director of Conventions and Events.
Ideally, you will:
· Manages (the entire sales process) all MICE functions of the Conference, Banquet & Events sales to achieve the optimum departmental revenue targets
Functions are defined as follows;
· MICE - All residential and non residential conferences, meetings, incentive groups, exhibitions & press conference
· Banquets & events - All in-house Banquet events that are part of MICE residential meetings i.e. breakfasts, cocktails, lunches, dinners, launches etc
· Manage the rooming list process with the Residential Groups’ coordinator in liaison with the respective Key Account Managers, Rooms’ Coordinator and Front Office Manager.
· Manages (the entire sales process) all groups business (10 guests & above) based on the IHG way of sales.
· Effectively implements & uses the standards and procedures of the C&B Sales department i.e. SOPs, brand standards and IC meetings & any other initiative instituted by the hotel.
· Attend joint sales visits when deemed necessary, telephone calls, writes letters sends emails and extends invitations to clients to visit the hotel.
· Follows up on all enquiries business to close & achieve the business budgets, forecasts and conversion rates.
· Liaise with the following departments in procurement of the business:
· Hotel Sales Team
· IHG reservations office
· Regional Sales and Marketing
· Effectively uses & participates in the updating of the Sales and Catering module (Opera) or any other system the hotel may initiate to use in the C&E Department.
· Entertain clients with the object to secure business or strengthen ties when required.
· Negotiate terms pertinent to the sale of conference and banqueting services.
· Conduct client interviews (feedback sessions), site inspections and tour familiarizations.
· Establish leads from newspapers, magazines, relevant industry documents and follow up.
· Maintain regular contact with IHG regional hotels and reservation networks.
· Monitor Competitor activities & compares their operation with his/her operation, uses the same information for account management strategy development and advise Asst. C&E Sales Manager, DoCES & ADoSM accordingly.
In return, we''ll provide a competitive salary package, duty meals, worldwide hotel discounts and the opportunity to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we''ll give you a Room to be yourself.
So what''s your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG by 27th June 2018!
IHG is an equal opportunity employer
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Starting in
- As soon as possible