Do you see yourself as a Digital Marketing Manager?
What''s your passion? Whether you''re into hockey, knitting or farming, at IHG we''re interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we''re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
For 70 years, the InterContinental® Brand has been writing the story of international travel and showing guests the InterContinental Life through personalized service, memorable, one of a kind experiences and global etiquette. As part of the largest luxury hotel brand in the world, InterContinental® Boston is a landmark of luxury; rated in the top five on Trip Advisor for Boston hotels, named one of the ‘Best Hotels in the World'' by Condé Nast Traveler magazine and featuring a Forbes Four-Star, 4 Diamond AAA rated hotel experience. The property overlooks Boston''s historic waterfront, featuring 424 luxurious ultra-modern accommodations with distinctive style and breathtaking waterfront or downtown city views, a full service spa and fitness club, 32,000 square feet of premier meeting and event space, and an array of restaurants and bars influenced by a variety of international flavors. We are looking for passionate people who are charming, confident and internationally-minded to ensure we continue the story of making great things happen at InterContinental® Boston.
As a Digital Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for all of the hotels social media accounts, strategies and content. You will also work with Marketing in targeting specific markets and developing the public relations strategies to reach these markets.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sets and actions all marketing and social media strategies
- Oversee and manage hotel social media on channels including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and others as the need arises, ensuring imagery and copy is consistent with the identity and positioning of each.
- Utilize current reporting from agencies, Google Analytics and social networks to drive improved content and social marketing initiatives and decisions
- Manage online presence with an emphasis on creating unique and engaging content for branded hotel websites, independent website, and third party sites
- Ensure that hotel websites are optimized using current best practices for SEO
- Develops media contacts, plans press conferences and other press activities
- Acts as hotel''s liaison with media to promote good publicity and counteract bad publicity
- Builds profile within local market place through attendance at various events and local market place
- Manage promotional packages/campaigns including requesting creative, drafting the communication plan, and sending a marketing recap once completed
- Develop and create new public relations initiatives and ongoing programs for hotel based on its marketing goals.
- Develops and organizes promotional activities, coordinates with departments concerned; invites VIPs and media to promotional activities; prepares and issues press releases
- Establishes a program for sending promotional news to trade publications on a regular basis releases covering special events, promotions, etc.
- Develop graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and Internet websites. Review final layouts and suggest improvements as needed.
- Assist hotel with various communication including collaterals, signages, eblasts, etc.
- Maintain archive of images, photos, or previous work products.
- Development of promotional concepts for hotel(s) as needed to fill low levels of occupancy, food and beverage sales and expand awareness of on-site recreational activities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Boston, MA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible